Working Student Paralegal (m/w/d) - Berlin
- Berlin, Germany
Spotcap is a leading fintech company that offers digital lending technology to financial institutions around the world. Financial services are evolving at an unprecedented pace, and we have our sights set on transforming the industry with technology that makes finance fair, accessible and focused on the customer.
In pursuing our vision, our most important asset have been our people — the masterminds behind Spotcap. Based in Berlin, we are an international team of finance, engineering, marcom and business professionals from more than 25 countries.
If you share our passion for finance and technology, join our team of outstanding talent and play a part in shaping the industry's digital future.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
Based in our Berlin office, the Working Student Paralegal will be working with Spotcap’s Legal and Compliance teams.
In this role you will…
- Support the Legal and Compliance teams in various assignments related to drafting and reviewing of contracts and corporate documents, internal policies and procedures as well as other documentation related to compliance, data privacy and security matters
- Conduct independent research of laws, regulations, guidelines and recommendations issued by relevant regulators and policy makers, as well as applicable case law and scholarly opinions; when needed, you will prepare updates on legislative and regulatory developments that affect the fintech industry and business of the organization
- Participate in negotiations with business and contract partners and discussions with relevant authorities
- Support the internal functions of the organization (HR, marketing, etc) in their day-to-day questions
- Be expected to gain an in-depth insight into the business model of the organization and the FinTech sector
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following...
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development
- A great company culture with regular social activities and tech talks
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts
- You are currently studying to earn your Bachelor of Laws / Bachelor of Business Law (Wirtschaftsjurist) degree in Germany
- You have a solid knowledge of commercial law and contract law
- You have a basic knowledge of data protection laws (GDPR in particular)
- You are fluent in English and you have a good command of the English legal vocabulary (given that Spotcap’s working language is English)
- Fluency in German is considered a strong plus
- You possess excellent analytical, research and interpretation skills (including in connection to applicable laws, regulations, case law and scholarly opinions)
- Previous professional experience as a working student or paralegal from a top-tier law firm, the financial / fintech sector or the IT industry is considered a strong plus
- You have an affinity for the FinTech sector and a strong interest in the applicable laws and regulatory framework (including in relation to data privacy laws)