Senior Risk Analytics & Data Science Manager (m/w/d) - Berlin
- Berlin, Germany
Spotcap is a leading fintech company that offers digital lending technology to financial institutions around the world. Financial services are evolving at an unprecedented pace, and we have our sights set on transforming the industry with technology that makes finance fair, accessible and focused on the customer.
In pursuing our vision, our most important asset have been our people — the masterminds behind Spotcap. Based in Berlin, we are an international team of finance, engineering, marcom and business professionals from more than 25 countries.
If you share our passion for finance and technology, join our team of outstanding talent and play a part in shaping the industry's digital future.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Risk Analytics & Data Science Manager with proven experience managing a small cross-functional risk and data science team. You will work in close collaboration with the IT and Product departments to create scalable and highly efficient data analytics infrastructure and drive state-of-the-art data science initiatives from prototype to production including stand-alone products offered to various institutional clients.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, train and mentor a small, cross-functional team of risk and data scientists
- Drive data science and analytics initiatives in cooperation with the IT and Product team in order to build a scalable and highly efficient machine learning infrastructure for the next generation of prediction models
- Establish efficient, automated processes for large-scale modelling
- Be responsible for the implementation and continuous development of data science best-practices
- Collaborate closely with top-level management and product developers to develop pertinent algorithms and applications for all business users
- Build confidence and trust in risk and data science solutions through their presentation for both tech and non-tech stakeholders as well as external risk experts from institutional players
- Be an advocate across the company for decision sciences and investigate opportunities within other departments to utilise advanced analytics
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts
- Relocation support services
Our ideal candidate has...
- A MSc or Ph. D. in an applied quantitative discipline e.g., Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar
- A deep understanding of the state-of-the-art machine learning and credit risk modelling techniques, and in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge in at least one of the following fields: deep learning, natural language processing, computational optimisation (e.g. linear programming, constraint programming etc.)
- A proven track record of managing, training and mentoring small, cross-functional data analytics teams
- Demonstrated experience in prototyping and developing data driven products
- Experience working in the finance industry, especially performing statistical modelling and credit scoring on different financial products such as: loans, credit lines, cash advances etc.,
- The ability to communicate complex data solutions across the company and to senior clients- you can articulate experiment goals and methodologies clearly, and communicate complex insights easily
- Is familiar with technical tools for data analysis in particular with Python and R, SQL/HiveQL/Presto, as well as AWS SageMaker and programming concepts (evidenced by work experience, or a GitHub profile)
- Scala programming experience would be a strong plus