Application Support Engineer (m/w/d) - Berlin
- Berlin, Germany
Spotcap is a leading fintech company that offers digital lending technology to financial institutions around the world. Financial services are evolving at an unprecedented pace, and we have our sights set on transforming the industry with technology that makes finance fair, accessible and focused on the customer.
In pursuing our vision, our most important asset have been our people — the masterminds behind Spotcap. Based in Berlin, we are an international team of finance, engineering, marketing and business professionals from more than 25 countries.
If you share our passion for finance and technology, join our team of outstanding talent and play a part in shaping the industry's digital future.
As the Application Support Engineer you will be working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing and evaluating technical issues, as well as being responsible for the functionality of Spotcap's backend systems. You will be providing first and second level technical support for the Spotcap platform, including debugging any issues and releasing hot-fixes where necessary. This role demands strong problem-solving skills combined with an eye for detail.
In this role you will...
- Act as central point of contact for our Client Service, Operations, Sales and Marketing teams
- Troubleshoot reported incidents
- Create technical specifications and documentation where required
- Prepare and lead training sessions for the Client service, Operations, Sales and marketing teams
- Coordinate internally to submit platform enhancements and resolve issues
- Continuously manage and monitor Spotcap’s backend systems
- Undertake quality control and assurance where required
- Support the product team in the implementation and roll-out of new features
- Conducting requirements analysis for any potential new platform functionality
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts
- Relocation support services
Our ideal candidate:
- Must have detailed knowledge about APIs - they need to be comfortable discussing API Authentication mechanisms, reading and writing API documentation and executing REST, SOAP and GraphQL Calls by a client of their choice
- Possesses minimum of 4-5 years of relevant employment experience
- Has obtained a computer science degree or equivalent studies
- Is a motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Holds strong interpersonal and communication skills as they will be working with multiple stakeholders
- Owns strong problem-solving abilities
- Has a willingness to learn and adapt to changes quickly while still remaining detail oriented
- Has experience with Salesforce or a different CRM System is a plus