In-house Legal Counsel - Part Time
- London, UK
Spotcap is a leading European business lender. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters - their business.
Our customers and their needs are at the core of our business and the key driver for all business decisions. We are a team of finance and business professionals from all kinds of backgrounds and nationalities. Our most important assets are the people behind our success. At Spotcap we value ownership, creativity and curiosity. Together we are focussed on sustainable growth. We look for like-minded professionals who want to join us in shaping the future of finance.
Based in our London office, the Legal Counsel will be leading Spotcap’s Direct Lending legal efforts. You will be working closely with the CEO and CFO.
In this role you will…
- Be the key legal resource of the company playing a pivotal role in equity and debt raising, as well as its corporate activities
- Work closely with group CEO and CFO on all corporate-defining transactions.
- Negotiate commercial transactions on behalf of the company and support internal operations of the company as an all-round legal advisor (incl. Finance, Investor Relations, Marketing, as well as HR).
- Assume responsibility for ensuring the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable international and local laws and regulations in conjunction with the Compliance Officer.
- Conduct legal research as required in various fields including lending regulation, payment services and data privacy.
- Oversee the legal legwork of a sophisticated corporate structure with activities in The Netherlands and UK.
- Manage relations and projects with external counsels and legal contacts on the investor side.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following...
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 50 employees from over 15 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of London.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A scale up atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular inter-departmental gatherings across two countries.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
Our ideal candidate has…
- 5+ years of professional experience in an international environment (law firm or large corporate) with a focus on corporate and commercial law.
- Outstanding academic qualifications in English and/or Dutch Law, with an International study program (LLM) being a plus.
- Experience in the financial industry.
- A structured, results-oriented and self-driven way of approaching tasks.
- Great judgement when approaching risk, enabling management to make commercial decisions in a sophisticated and novel regulatory, technology and commercial environment.
- Enthusiasm and enjoys being challenged.