DevOps Engineer (m/w/d) - Berlin
- Berlin, Germany
Spotcap is a leading fintech company that offers digital lending technology to financial institutions around the world. Financial services are evolving at an unprecedented pace, and we have our sights set on transforming the industry with technology that makes finance fair, accessible and focused on the customer.
In pursuing our vision, our most important asset have been our people — the masterminds behind Spotcap. Based in Berlin, we are an international team of finance, engineering, marcom and business professionals from more than 25 countries.
If you share our passion for finance and technology, join our team of outstanding talent and play a part in shaping the industry's digital future.
Our engineering team operates a lean development process to deliver our world-class products and services. Modern languages and tools paired with continuous deployment and cloud-based infrastructure helps us master the global-technology platform challenges.
In this role you will be…
- Responsible for the security, availability, scalability and efficiency of Spotcap’s global AWS infrastructure running round the clock.
- Building systems to automate the provisioning, deploying and monitoring of various services and products.
- Designing infrastructure that supports our architecture and helps the engineering team to deliver new features quickly and robustly.
- Actively participating in planning, creating, and running our suite of products and services.
- Keeping tabs on industry trends, help shape best practices and help Spotcap innovate.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and international team of more than 120 employees from 25 countries, with diverse backgrounds, based in our offices in the heart of Berlin.
- Strong career progression and the opportunity to grow with the business.
- A startup atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies - meaning you’ll be expected, and encouraged, to contribute your ideas.
- Training and development budgets which can be used for conferences, attending personal training and development courses to ensure continuous growth and development.
- A great company culture with regular social activities, tech talks and health and fitness initiatives.
- A collaborative working culture with regular brainstorms, stand-ups and inter-departmental gatherings across two continents.
- Choose your own device: the option to choose between a high-end Dell or Mac Notebook.
- Fresh fruit, drinks, cereals, and regular team breakfasts.
- Relocation support services.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Proven experience in designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant, and reliable applications on AWS.
- Experience with Unix/Linux system administration (e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS, CoreOs), and you have good scripting skills in Bash, Python, or similar.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure provisioning tools, network analysis and troubleshooting, resolving performance and application issues, as well as building automation tools.
- Preferably, a certification as AWS Solutions Architect - Professional.
- Experience with technologies such as: Ansible, docker, haproxy, nginx, postgresql, mysql, jenkins, github, bitbucket, gocd, Amazon DynamoDB, RDS, Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, SQS, SNS, etc.
- A sense of purpose and clarity for the entire software development and deployment process.
- An innate curiosity and drive to get things done
- Fluency in English.