Business Development Intern UK
- London, United Kingdom
Spotcap is a leading global FinTech company operating in the trillion dollar online lending space. We are driven by the mission to empower SMEs with tailored finance, allowing them to focus on what really matters – their business. We are an international team of finance, engineering and business professionals from more than 25 countries. Spotcap operates in five countries, is headquartered in Berlin (Germany) with a local presence in Spain, The UK, The Netherlands, Australia and New Zealand. And we are growing rapidly!
Our customers and their needs are at the core of our business and the key driver for all business decisions. But our most important asset are the masterminds behind Spotcap - our people. At Spotcap we value ownership, creativity, lean processes and curiosity. We are on a fun mission and always look for like-minded people who want to join us in disrupting the finance industry.
Based in our London office, the Business Development Intern will be working with Spotcap’s driven and energetic Business Development team. You will be working closely with our Marketing team, Commercial Partnership Managers, PR and the Sales team.
This position will support the Business Development team in developing strategic partnerships, participating in and organising events, as well as working with new industries and markets. In this role, you will acquire valuable knowledge of the financial sector and gain first-hand sales and acquisition experience, whilst working closely with various (international) departments.
In this role you will:
- Proactively work with the team to develop new and sustain growth opportunities.
- Support the development of new strategic partnerships and maintain existing relationships.
- Analyse market developments and present them to the team in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Represent Spotcap at SME, partner and FinTech related events.
- Take the lead role in organising events - both commercial events and our own partner events.
- Support other teams to optimise our service - including PR, Marketing, Commercial Partnership Managers and Sales Managers.
- Assist in the development of local marketing & sales collateral in collaboration with the Global Marketing Department.
Working at Spotcap means you will benefit from the following:
- Be part of a dynamic, driven and very international team across five countries, with a fantastic workplace in central London.
- A business laptop, competitive salary, and private health care.
- A challenging full-time role at the forefront of the booming FinTech industry with Spotcap having already been awarded numerous accolades in that space.
- A start-up atmosphere in an established company environment with flat hierarchies where you’ll be expected and encouraged to contribute your ideas.
- Strong career progression and opportunity to grow with the business.
- A strong team culture with regular social events, tech talks, training sessions and team meetings.
The successful candidate will have:
- Recently graduated with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Excellent English business communication skills.
- Proven interest and/or experience within sales, marketing or project management.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a commercial drive.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A positive and flexible attitude and appreciation of what it means to be a team player.
- Leadership experience gained in a sporting team or student associations etc.
- The availability to to work full time hours, approximately 40 per week, for a minimum duration of 6 months.