- 2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Spencer Health Solutions (www.spencerhealthsolutions.com) is transforming healthcare by moving care delivery to the home through the company’s spencer® medication adherence and engagement platform. The spencer FDA Class I technology enables virtual care by connecting patients, clinicians, pharmacists, and family members digitally.
The Morrisville company offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a high-performing team in the development of cutting-edge medical technology at the exciting point of market entry through leading health technology distributors in the US, Canada, and Europe.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for ensuring the Scrum process is upheld and will work to ensure the Development team adheres to the practices and rules, as well as coaches the team on improving impediments. The ideal candidate is passionate about technology and the opportunity to be a leader on a small and collaborative team, is self-motivated, and has excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Team in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify Scrum and Agile.
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding and Coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (aka grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- First level Scrum Master certification (PSM I, CSM )
- 2 years’ experience in the Scrum Master role for a scrum team
- 2 years' experience in leading and managing a team of 5-10 engineers
- Proficiency in servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Experience in applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques (example: numerous burn down techniques, numerous retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
- The ability and comfort in distinguishing between what "is Scrum" what is "not Scrum"
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience working with globally distributed scrum teams.
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Ability to read, understand, and execute job functions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Second or Third level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, PSM III, CSP, CTC)
- Experience as a Scrum Master for at least three years for a Scrum team.
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Track record of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader
Spencer Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.