Senior Accounting Manager
- 2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Spencer Health Solutions (www.spencerhealthsolutions.com) is transforming healthcare by moving care delivery to the home through the company’s spencer® medication adherence and engagement platform. The spencer FDA Class I technology enables virtual care by connecting patients, clinicians, pharmacists, and family members digitally.
The Morrisville company offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a high-performing team in the development of cutting-edge medical technology at the exciting point of market entry through leading health technology distributors in the US, Canada, and Europe.
The Senior Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting the Corporate Controller with the period-end closing tasks, Tax and Audit compliance, and strategic initiatives (including inventory management, commercial leasing, and FP&A activities). The right candidate will also have experience managing direct staff.
The major duties are to record, review and verify the accuracy of journal entries; analyze sales transactions and properly recognize revenue in accordance with GAAP; and produce standard reporting and monthly reconciliations that leverages our NetSuite software. To succeed, the ideal candidate will have strong curiosity, intellectual horsepower, and good accounting intuition. They should have success dealing with ambiguity, establishing processes, and learning financial systems. Finally, they will be part of a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with great opportunities for leadership and growth.
- Establish and maintain relationships with department coworkers, department heads and vendors to support invoice processing, issue resolution and budget compliance
- Manage the processing of invoices in NetSuite; verify proper approval; match to receipt of goods/services and to purchase order; ensure proper general ledger account, department and class coding
- Audit, verify and process expense reports using expense administration software (i.e., Tallie)
- Manage payroll processing on a semi-monthly basis through software package (i.e., Paylocity)
- Estimate and accrue outstanding liabilities at month-end
- Assist with preparation of financial reporting package
- Identify billable events; obtain evidence of customer acceptance; support proper revenue recognition
- Perform and review balance sheet account reconciliations
- Research questions arising during financial statement close and review processes
- Provide documentation and support during annual financial statement audit
- Maintain department files and historical documents
- Prepare quarterly Sales & Use Tax Returns
- Prepare annual IRS Forms 1099 and 1096 filings
- Record use tax on purchases
- Update and maintain vendor database, including new vendor setup and applications for credit terms
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Other duties as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 5+ years recent working experience in major accounting cycles, especially AP, AR, and payroll processing
- Ability to research accounting pronouncements and determine best practical course of action for financial reporting
- Work independently and proactively; seek out challenges and opportunities to grow
- Strong team player who has an opinion and is willing to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with employees at all levels
- Handle and prioritize multiple projects and changing priorities at a fast pace
- Ability to work on complex problems, perform in depth analysis, and write technical accounting memos
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Ability to read, understand, and execute job functions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- NetSuite experience
- Public Accounting experience
Spencer Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.