Director, Product Quality Assurance
- 2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Spencer Health Solutions (www.spencerhealthsolutions.com) is transforming healthcare by moving care delivery to the home through the company’s spencer® medication adherence and engagement platform. The spencer FDA Class I technology enables virtual care by connecting patients, clinicians, pharmacists, and family members digitally.
The Morrisville company offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a high-performing team in the development of cutting-edge medical technology at the exciting point of market entry through leading health technology distributors in the US, Canada, and Europe.
The Director, Product Quality Assurance leads the strategic test planning process for product development to coordinate testing activities among different teams to include, tools/automation, documentation, and process implementation to meet deadlines and drive efficiency. The person in this role works with engineering and quality teams in all phases of product development to ensure that test requirements are documented, collected, reviewed and stored per SHS design control procedures.
- Build a comprehensive test strategy with an automated approach for new features as well as maintain existing regression test suites
- Responsible for hiring and managing a team of quality automation and testing resources
- Plan and allocate resources to projects/programs as needed
- Responsible for sizing, definition, planning and execution of testing efforts
- Assist in the selection of the appropriate software testing resources, processes and tools to complete project task
- Continuously strive to drive productivity by including modernization and transformation approaches to test automation
- Leads a team to ensure that product meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Works closely with other key stakeholders within the development and business teams regarding road-map and release schedule.
- Attend project meetings and contribute by reporting on test development progress, blockers, bugs and risks
- Maintain the issue backlog and work with the development team to prioritize and include fixes within upcoming releases
- Promote QA best practices in collaboration with the development team
- Maintain all processes and procedures related to testing application code for deployment
- Prepare test scenarios for execution of large-scale performance tests
- Maintain knowledge of emerging technologies and using those technologies to solve business problems
- Mentor and coach direct reports
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of in-depth experience in automating and developing test strategies for customer-facing applications in a fast-paced development environment
- Software QA management/leadership experience in agile, web and mobile development environments
- Proven track record of effectively delivering results in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple priorities
- Experience with Version Control, Code Collaboration, and Continuous Integration Systems
- Possess solid communication skills and a strong customer focus
- Experience developing automated system and performance tests
- Experience with relational database technology including schema design stored procedure development and SQL queries
Spencer Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.