- 2501 Aerial Center Pkwy, Morrisville, NC 27560, USA
Spencer Health Solutions (www.spencerhealthsolutions.com) is transforming healthcare by moving care delivery to the home through the company’s spencer® medication adherence and engagement platform. The spencer FDA Class I technology enables virtual care by connecting patients, clinicians, pharmacists, and family members digitally.
The Morrisville company offers the right candidate an opportunity to be part of a high-performing team in the development of cutting-edge medical technology at the exciting point of market entry through leading health technology distributors in the US, Canada, and Europe.
The Controller will be a core member of the finance team and will be a key decision-maker in the strategy, financing, and direction of the company.
The Controller will be in charge of all financial, accounting, budgeting, cash management and reporting decisions for the company. This not only includes managing internal AP/AR functions, payroll, as well as, managing relationships with any outside CPA’s or bankers. In an early-stage growth company, the Controller is the treasurer of the business, managing all accounting and cash decisions themselves, until the business gets to the scale.
The Controller will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, deal analysis and negotiations, investor relationships and partnership compliance and private and institutional financing.
- Oversees and directs the management of the P&L, budgeting, auditing, tax functions, accounting, purchasing, real estate, long-range forecasting, and payroll and insurance activities for the organization.
- Negotiates successfully with vendors to obtain favorable contracts that meet the organizations overall financial and operational objectives.
- Recommends procedures and computer applications necessary to maintain and afford adequate accounting controls and services.
- Identifies, hires, develops, and motivates a high-performance team that is an essential contributor to the mission and business plan of the organization.
- Represents the financial interests of the company on management committees as necessary
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with regulated requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably NetSuite
- Business modeling experience
- Working in small, growth stage business environment
- Implementation of processes for control and operational scale in growth stage
- Demonstrated success in executive finance role and meaningful contributor to executive team
- Experience leading strategic transactions and capital fundraising
- BA in Accounting or Finance, MBA is highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in medical device or biotechnology companies.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- High level of English proficiency (both oral and writing)
- Experience working in a regulated environment
- Ability to read, understand and execute job functions in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
Spencer Health Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.