Cleaners - Job Event
- Kitchener, ON, Canada
Seniors for Seniors (a division of Spectrum Health Care) is a non-medical home care agency proudly serving seniors for over 30 years.
We are hosting a job event! We are hiring part-time Home Cleaners to provide cleaning services to other seniors either in private homes, long-term care homes, or retirement facilities. Come speak with a member of our team to find out what makes working at Seniors for Seniors so special!
Due to Covid-19 physical distancing measures, candidates are required to book their individual in-person interview. To book a timeslot for this event, apply through this posting with your resume. Once you apply, a member of our team will be contact to finalize your timeslot.
Thursday, October 21, 10 AM to 1 PM
1454 King St E, Unit #2, Kitchener, Ontario N2G 2N7
- Provide socialization, conversation and emotional reassurance to the client
- Encourage and participate in reading, games, and other activities to promote well-being and stimulate the mind and the spirit
- Assist with personal care such as hygiene, grooming and basic care
- Perform light housekeeping duties including vacuuming, dusting, bathrooms, and kitchen
- Provide companionship to the client in their home
- Listen, observe, and communicate any concerns/changes in the client’s physical, emotional, and/or environmental
- Assists and/or provides general exercises/activities to maintain mobility and independence as directed by the client, their family or the Client Care Coordinator at the request of the family
- Compassionate with a passion for helping others
- Prior care giving experience is an asset
- Ability to interact with others in a caring, tactful and courteous manner
- Ability to speak other languages an asset
- Valid Vulnerable Sector Police Check and TB Test (within 6 months) as a condition of employment
Spectrum Health Care is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies. This award recognizes top companies across Canada for overall performance, sustained growth, strategy, capabilities and innovation, culture and commitment, and leadership. Click here to learn more about this esteemed honour.
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
If you require accommodation because of disability through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at ([email protected]) for assistance.