Security Engineer – Development/IT Operations
- 1714 Deer Tracks Trail, St. Louis, MO 63131, USA
SpearTip - Mission Statement
Blend cutting-edge technologies, unique skill sets and proven military cyber counterintelligence strategies, SpearTip partners with our Partners to protect shareholder value, shield corporate reputations and enhance long-term profits.
This position will be responsible for protecting company assets including information systems, networks, devices, and data from threats, such as security breaches, advanced malware and other attacks by cyber-criminals. A key focus on this position is on the development and maintenance of custom security tools and integration between security appliances and software.
Not all of the following requirements are expected for every potential candidate. SpearTip considers both the character of person and their experience when making hiring decisions. For a strong candidate, SpearTip is willing to offer training (internal and external) to fill necessary knowledge gaps.
- Creative brainstormer willing to build solutions collaboratively to solve complex cyber security problems
- Self-motivated, decisive decision maker with the ability to take ownership and willingness to be accountable
- Willing to stick with difficult problems to consistently produce the best solution for our partners and willing to champion new technology and different approaches
- Desires to be immersed in a training culture to both develop others and improve self
Educational and Experience:
Computer Science or Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in a development or IT operations role
AWS Certification (Highly Desired)
- Experience in integration between applications using REST API
- Proficient in one or more of the following:
- AngularJS, ReactJS, NodeJS etc.
- Knowledge of development and software maintenance using GIT
- Experience or Knowledge of GIT and AWS (EC2, S3, CodeCommit, Lambda)
- Experience in managing environments in AWS
- Proficient in Linux, MacOS, and Windows Operating System administration, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Proficient in Web Application Technologies including Apache, Nginx, and IIS
- Experience in managing Atlassian applications
- Proficient in computer networking concepts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Health Insurance Coverage – 100% coverage plan, current employee contribution is $0
- Dental & Vision Coverage – current employee contribution is $0
- Participation in 401(K) Plan, employer match of 100% for the initial 3% of contribution and 50% for next 2% of contributed funds, immediate vesting
- SpearTip approved holidays (currently 8 approved holidays)
- Personal leave days