- 1714 Deer Tracks Trail, St. Louis, MO 63131, USA
SpearTip - Mission Statement
Blend cutting-edge technologies, unique skill sets and proven military cyber counterintelligence strategies, SpearTip partners with our Partners to protect shareholder value, shield corporate reputations and enhance long-term profits.
This position will be responsible for protecting company assets including information systems, networks, devices, and data from threats, such as security breaches, advanced malware and other attacks by cyber-criminals.
- Triage and validate alerts from Managed Detection and Response tools
- Conduct threat intelligence research based on metadata from events to associate an event with known campaigns or threat actors
- Project Management - Exercising independent judgment and discretion, communicate/coordinate with MD&R clients regarding alerts, project updates, and project status throughout an engagement
- Data Collection, Analysis, and Report Writing - collect and document the timeline of events, collect, analyze, and validate findings, and provide “best practice” recommendations to the client; with the understanding that your recommendations have significant impact to client operations
- Maintain and cultivate working knowledge of SpearPortal, ShadowSpear, and additional Managed Detection and Response tools
- Problem solve; independently and in a team environment
- Attain new technical certifications with proper training at SpearTip’s expense (at the discretion of company leadership).
- Be available for short-term periodic travel to support regional, national, and international clients – with appropriate lead time
- Responsibilities subject to change at the discretion of company leadership
Educational and Experience:
- Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Information Systems Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience in a development or IT operations role
- Knowledge of incident handling procedures (NIST.SP.800-61r2)
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with security technologies (SIEM, EDR, Antivirus) desired but not required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Health Insurance Coverage – 100% coverage plan, current employee contribution is $0
- Dental & Vision Coverage – current employee contribution is $0
- Participation in 401(K) Plan, employer match of 100% for the initial 3% of contribution and 50% for next 2% of contributed funds, immediate vesting
- SpearTip approved holidays (currently 8 approved holidays)
- Personal leave days