Jr. Security Analyst
- 1714 Deer Tracks Trail, St. Louis, MO 63131, USA
SpearTip - Mission Statement
Blend cutting-edge technologies, unique skill sets and proven military cyber counterintelligence strategies, SpearTip partners with our Partners to protect shareholder value, shield corporate reputations and enhance long-term profits.
This position will be responsible for protecting company assets including information systems, networks, devices, and data from threats, such as security breaches, advanced malware, and other attacks by cyber-criminals. The position is a training intensive position designed to assist recent graduate or someone new to the field of cybersecurity.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline, or currently participating in a cyber security job training program
- Completed at least sophomore year with a GPA of 3.25 or higher or equivalent professional training
- Completed course work or training in computer security fundamentals
- Ability to communicate with diverse levels of professionals and technicians (business people, developers, engineers, and vendors)
- Works well within a structured environment and still be able to think quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities and events
- Ability to work overnights and weekend shifts
- Ability to clearly communicate and facilitate discussions with team members to understand and resolve problems
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Demonstrate and show commitment to SpearTip’s Core Values at all times
- Under the direction of the team lead, monitor and analyze host and network activity to determine vectors of compromise and investigate where points of compromise exist in client infrastructure.
- Identify security gaps within client environments and collaborate with security operations team to determine solutions.
- Perform tier one level incident handling as part of the larger security operations team
- Communicate with clients in a timely manner to alert on critical incidents and to determine the root cause(s)
- Produce reports, as needed, to provide situational awareness of vulnerabilities or security events for the team and/or clients
This is a learning-intensive program designed to give you essential business insights and hands-on experience in your field of choice. It’s a full-time, 10-week commitment on a semesterly basis.
Benefits include professional development sessions, networking opportunities, and mentorship. A key outcome of this program is to develop cyber professionals and assist recent graduates or soon to be graduates in gaining critical entry level experience. Based on performance and business needs, SpearTip intends to fill fulltime positions from participants in this program or assist individuals in finding full time positions within the community after graduation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Health Insurance Coverage – 100% coverage plan, current employee contribution is $0
- Dental & Vision Coverage – current employee contribution is $0
- Participation in 401(K) Plan, employer match of 100% for the initial 3% of contribution and 50% for next 2% of contributed funds, immediate vesting
- SpearTip approved holidays (currently 8 approved holidays)
- Personal leave days