At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale. Discover how you can join our diverse and talented team and make an impact at one of the most dynamic companies in Arizona.
We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing Finance & Accounting team. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, have an analytical approach to problem solving, be detail-oriented, organized, able to multi-task, and have a strong work ethic.
Reporting to the Vice President, Controller, this person acts as the liaison between the Accounting department and the business's operations, while ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of all queries. You will help the company track its progress towards achieving revenue targets by closely monitoring revenue-related transactions, preparing weekly flash reports of membership and campus revenues, and preparing the monthly accounting of company revenues. You will also contribute to meeting the company's financial reporting deadlines by preparing key supporting schedules for internal and investor financial reporting.
Revenue Recognition: Recognize revenue in accordance with contract terms and source transactions (sales orders and return authorizations) to ensure the accounting team is able to post, review, and report monthly revenues.
- Perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis and prepare necessary revenue recognition entries and adjustments enabling the monthly revenue close process
- Manage updates to ASC 606 memo including revenue allocations and carve outs, list prices, performance obligations, partner relationships, etc., ensuring Finance and internal stakeholder alignment on recommended changes
- Serve as the accounting project manager for the revenue recognition initiative to systematize revenue recognition and deferred revenue reconciliation, as well as assist in the enhancement of NetSuite functionality to improve the AR and revenue processes
- Work cross-functionally with Sales and other departments and assist with pre-sales and post-sales support to identify accounting implications, which may include quote/contract review, and profitability analysis
- Partner with Finance to analyze revenue by business unit, product, and type, and contribute to revenue forecast
- Assist in preparation of consolidated internal and external financial statements and reports by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from various departments
- Complete monthly financial closing process and prepares all designated account reconciliations on a timely and accurate basis
- Maintain tracking for fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accrued liabilities
- Assist with GL trend and variance analysis to identify and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities including the preparation of supporting schedules and workpapers
- Assist in the preparation and rollout of accounting policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or relevant professional certification is required.
- 4+ years accounting experience with Big 4 accounting firm
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and ASC 606 with the ability to analyze and apply accounting principles effectively.
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for employees in all time zones!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- Hybrid Work Options - 2 days in office, 3 days at home hybrid option!
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.