At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale. Discover how you can join our diverse and talented team and make an impact at one of the most dynamic companies in Arizona.
As the Controller you will be accountable for the completeness and accuracy of all finance and accounting related functions. Working closely with the CFO and finance team – this role is well suited to a professional whose core DNA is being highly organized, motivated, and detail-focused with experience in managing monthly accounting close process to tight deadlines, delivering timely, accurate, and beneficial financial reports, and handling budget and forecast projections. The Controller oversees both the accounting operations and team and is responsible for identifying relevant accounting regulations, recommending the best course of action, and implementing accounting strategies to comply with applicable regulations.
- Assessing internal control risks and recommending control activities to mitigate company risks.
- Lead creation of accounting processes and support improvements to accounting systems that allow company to scale.
- Process all aspects of the monthly close process to ensure complete, accurate and timely monthly actual results.
- Ensure financial statements are in compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and requirements.
- Support release of new services and changes to existing services by concluding on and documenting technical accounting positions.
- Lead ongoing improvements of processes to ensure the company receives and recognizes 100% of customer contract values.
- Prepare booking to billings to cash bridge to support cash flow forecasting.
- Support finance in the preparation of functional P&L structure.
- Supervise reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes and tools for the accountable programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role
- Strong technical accounting and financial knowledge, including US GAAP reporting requirements.
- Creative and flexible with the ability to manage changing priorities and deadlines
- CPA or CMA designation and public accounting experience
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for employees in all time zones!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- Hybrid Work Options - Work in office 3 days a week, at home for 2.
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.