Lead Mobile Developer - Hybrid
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale.
The Mobile Developer will work directly with Spear’s design and development teams to create the best possible mobile experiences for our different product lines.
- Develop and maintain customer-facing mobile applications for Android, iOS, Apple TV, and FireTV platforms
- Collaborate with Spear's design, development, and data teams to create responsive applications adhering to UI/UX best practices
- Connect to GraphQL and RESTful endpoints, ensuring seamless data integration
- Conduct regular code reviews for peers, promoting code quality and knowledge sharing
- Utilize application performance monitoring tools like Firebase and Google Analytics to meet performance targets
- Actively contribute to Agile ceremonies, including sprint planning, standup, and retrospective meetings
- Stay up-to-date with advancements in mobile technology, incorporating new concepts and best practices into projects
- Assist the development team by performing 3rd level support duties on a voluntary and/or rotational basis
- Manage the end-to-end process of app store submissions, including preparing and reviewing app metadata, screenshots, and promotional materials
- Ensure compliance with app store guidelines and policies, addressing any issues or rejections promptly
- Monitor app reviews and user feedback, implementing necessary improvements and updates to enhance user satisfaction
- Implement and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines to automate the build, test, and deployment processes
- Integrate automated testing frameworks into the CI/CD pipeline to ensure code quality and prevent regressions.
- Monitor and troubleshoot CI/CD pipelines, ensuring smooth and efficient workflow for development teams
- Collaborate with QA engineers to automate testing procedures within the CI/CD pipeline, enabling faster and more reliable releases
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field OR 5+ years of professional experience in mobile application development
- Proven experience in building native iOS applications using Swift, and native Android applications using Kotlin is a plus
- Familiarity with tvOS, FireTV, and WatchOS platforms is advantageous
- Strong portfolio showcasing innovative and high-quality mobile applications available for demonstration
- Additional certifications in mobile development or related fields are a plus
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for all employees!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.