HR Generalist - Compensation and Benefits - Remote Eligible
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale. Discover how you can join our diverse and talented team and make an impact at one of the most dynamic companies in Arizona.
The Compensation & Benefits Analyst is a key player on our dynamic Human Resources team. This role is responsible, in conjunction with the VP of HR, for the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Spear compensation and benefits policies, practices and programs. Our philosophy is to compensate competitively, offer stellar benefits, recognize our team members and prioritize physical and mental well-being.
You are analytical, innovative and enjoy creating unique programs for diverse and highly talented employees. You love to understand and tie market conditions to company values and business objectives. You believe in a highly engaged workforce and understand that being a culture champion is part of that. We are a fun team and an influential HR department. Our team has a positive, energetic, can-do attitude. We regularly navigate complex problems with a sense of urgency and humor. If this sounds like fun, this is a good fit!
We believe in competitive compensation, tailored to both the role and the overall organizational goals.
Perform regular compensation analysis according to the Spear Compensation Philosophy to support retention of A Players and to ensure alignment to organizational objectives and market conditions
Manage the quarterly merit increase and bonus payout process and partner with the payroll team to ensure they have required information to pay team members accurately and timely
This includes all types of compensation such as base pay, variable pay, commissions and cash bonuses.
We believe in the importance of physical and mental health and aim to provide a comprehensive offering to our employees which includes things like free dental, pet insurance, and unlimited time off.
Maximize our investment and offer an attractive suite of benefits to attract and retain top talent
Perform benefits administration, including open enrollment, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees
Administer & advise team members and management on interpretation of programs including FMLA, LOA, PTO, and benefits
This includes health, dental, and vision plans, leave plans, life and disability insurance, and retirement plans.
- 5+ years of experience working in Human Resources with a focus on Compensation and Benefits
5+ years of experience in benefits administration and compensation management
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for employees in all time zones!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- Remote and Hybrid Work Options - You can work remote, onsite, or anywhere in between! We know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Spear, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.