Business Development Manager - Remote Eligible
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale. Discover how you can join our diverse and talented team and make an impact at one of the most dynamic companies in Arizona.
This sales professional will join our dynamic Practice Solutions team. This role is intended for the consultative salesperson that enjoys selling based on value and seeks to help clients overcome their own fears and objections. Practice Solutions is Spear Educations highest tiered subscription-based membership that offers solutions that address the unique goals of each General Dentists practice through: Dedicated coaching and consultation. Targeted learning from Spear Faculty. Real-time analytics. Customized action plans.
This is a unique sales role that benefits from access to an existing ecosystem of general dentists that are already committed to their growth and development in some fashion and from other client facing teams that help to guide clients to discuss Practice Solutions with you. You will be responsible for driving monthly sales by way of virtual consultations and virtual personalized practice assessments. You will also ensure a smooth handoff after new client commitment to our Practice Solutions customer success team and coaching team, to achieve 90% client retention rate.
- Drive sales progression activities to achieve set monthly sales objectives
- Drive sales tactics by leveraging sales tools and marketing assets to progress qualified leads and conversion of scheduled 1/1 Demos to signed Client Service Agreement (CSA). The average sales cycle of < 30 days from Qualified Lead to CSA.
- Present Practice Solutions product via virtual presentation opportunities
- Work with other Spear teams to support building sufficient qualified pipeline required to meet monthly targets with focus on a full quarter forward looking pipeline
- Update CRM systems regularly to keep status and notes current, execute regular sales cadence with daily and weekly execution focus aimed to meet monthly SPS CSA objectives
- Identify prioritized sales tools and marketing collateral required to support the sales process and express new ideas to the leadership team
- Support training where possible to educate other product teams on Spear Practice Solutions value proposition, sales process and best practices
- Work collaboratively with Practice Solutions customer success team to achieve superior handoff of new customers
- Drive superior sales processes focused on customer satisfaction and customer objectives and ensure cancellations are < 5% for new sales
- Minimum 5+ years in a fast-paced consultative selling environment
- Outside/field sales experience required
- Dental experience is highly desirable
- Must have experience in customizing & delivering impactful client presentations
- Proven foundation and experience in value based selling techniques
- Proven ability to convert leads to opportunities to closed-won
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for employees in all time zones!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- Remote and Hybrid Work Options - You can work remote, onsite, or anywhere in between! We know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Spear, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.