Senior Interaction Designer (UX) - Remote Eligible
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale.
As the Senior Interaction Designer, you will partner with product owners to design and improve the user experience across the Spear product ecosystem. The Interaction Designer strategically drives customer behaviors, while refining designs and constantly striving for improvement in the customer journey. This role will create visual solutions to boost engagement, supporting key business objectives and the digital framework of Spear. You are a collaborative, prototyping expert with a passion for innovation and the customer experience!
- Leverage design tools like Figma and Adobe XD to rapidly prototype solutions and incorporate any user feedback into the final design.
- Design for various devices and platforms such as mobile, tablet, desktop, app and tv application keeping device limitations and standards in mind.
- Refine the prototypes throughout the product lifecycle (strategy, design discovery, testing and product delivery).
- Support the development team when designing for specific features or libraries used on a project.
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, personas, wireframes, user flows and sitemaps.
- Create and optimize graphics and images to hand off for the development team.
- Provide ongoing support for supporting features and functions requested to Spear digital products.
- Present solutions to optimized workflows, eliminate customer pain points and increase engagement.
- Leverage design patterns and contribute to our product design system for rapid prototyping and expedited development and global consistency.
- Design sustainable component-based UI elements, like menus, tabs and widgets to be added to the design system and used throughout all the Spear products.
- Continue to bridge the gap between products creating a consistent look and experience for our customers.
- Help develop and embellish our Spear Design System and Figma component library.
- Attend or conduct ongoing user research, focus groups, interviews, etc. using user testing tools to test, validate and iterate on product designs and feature enhancements.
- Gain an understanding of our consumers behavior and pain points to use as the driving factors during the design process.
- Analyze customer data and analytics to provide suggested approaches to help eliminate friction and increase user engagement.
- Identify design trends and market conditions that might present opportunities for Spear.
- 5+ years of experience as an UI-UX Designer or similar role
- Previous experience in a SaaS organization strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Figma and Adobe products including Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and XD, or other design and prototyping software
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
Candidates under consideration will be required to submit a professional UI design portfolio for review.
What Spear Offers
As the leader in our industry, we rely on the creativity and expertise of our people to deliver the best for our clients. In return, we invest in our employees by offering a diverse suite of benefits. We believe in offering choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy today forward.
- Great Work/Life Balance - Unlimited time off program along with paid time off for volunteering. We also have shorter meetings times and Core Hours to help support a healthy work life balance for employees in all time zones!
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits - Medical (including your pets!), Dental, & Vision benefits and a 401k with a generous match. We also offer Maternity & Paternity Leave. Additional benefits include Mental Health Day, and the Maven Maternity & Health Joy apps.
- Company Sponsored Events - Think costume contests, annual Wellness Day, May the 4th be with you, Friday afternoon "Get Giphy With It", team builders, and 5k’s!
- Career Development Pathways - Career development through continuous coaching, training, and on the job learning along with a quarterly review process.
- Remote and Hybrid Work Options - You can work remote, onsite, or anywhere in between! We know great talent lives all over! If you don't live in Arizona and are interested in working at Spear, we will consider each state on a case-by-case basis due to the implications of doing business in each state.
- STRIVE Program - Our peer recognition program that helps us celebrate one another's efforts and accomplishments. We like to recognize and reward the most amazing coworkers around!
- DE&I - We care about each other and have our Spear Collective groups to support this to ensure everyone feels a strong sense of belonging.
- Transparent Communication - We believe in a collaborative and trustworthy workplace with bi-weekly Company Wide All Hands Meetings and weekly 1:1's. We also send out weekly Office Vibe surveys to all employees for insights and feedback - we listen so we can make positive changes!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.