Scrum Master - Remote Eligible
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
- Employees can work remotely
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale.
A scrum master is a servant leader responsible for enabling teams to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective agile practices. This includes enabling teams to perform at their highest level with focus on continuous improvement, facilitation of scrum ceremonies, providing useful sprint data and summaries, release planning assistance, and release health reporting. This role mentors the Agile teams to deliver project outcomes successfully and predictably, by owning the Scrum framework execution, and coaching Agile Values and Principles into Spear's processes.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Facilitate and coach for all scrum ceremonies for one to two scrum teams, including Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective and Daily Standups
- Coach delivery teams in applying agile values, principles and framework while promoting self-organization and relentless improvement
- Inspire a high performance mentality throughout Spear
- Work with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum and the agile mindset throughout the organization
- Partner with project management organization (PMO), team leads, product owners, scrum masters and stakeholders to ensure cross-team dependencies are communicated effectively to result in a cohesive alignment of teams on expectations, timeline and results
- Assist in maintaining proper working relationships with product owners for delivery of key product and internal systems
- Prepare and facilitate program increment planning in partnership with PMO team
- Support continuous improvement by promoting quality retrospectives as well as designing, measuring and monitoring agile data and relevant metrics
- Act as an enterprise resource in Agile for all departments by facilitating workshop sessions, providing documentation, and/or any other necessary training on an as needed basis
- Provide training to new technology team members as part of our onboarding process
- Assist scrum teams in identifying and remedying potential process and/or communication inefficiencies
- Mentor scrum teams in developing clear and concise product backlog items
- Partner with product owners to forecast and execute on OKR initiatives through sprint 0 activities including scoping sessions and story writing sessions, as well as creating and maintaining release dashboards when needed
- Work with teams throughout the organization to improve their processes and workflows by designing and deploying new solutions using tooling such as Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and related add-ons/integrations
- Bachelor's degree
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I), second level preferred
- 2+ years experience in a similar position for a software development team that was diligently applying scrum principles, practices and theory
- 5-8 years of experience with agile software development processes and procedures
- Experience in a scaling framework such as SAFe
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and critical timelines
- Must be emotionally charged with ability to adapt to new changes
- Experience with Atlassian Jira or similar toolset
What Spear Offers
- Beautiful Facility
- Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
- The Most Amazing Coworkers Around
- Spear Cares
- Final 30 (A great way to wrap up a productive week!)
- Great work/life balance
- Regular Town Halls and CEO Lunches
- Career Development Pathways
- Flexible Time Off plus Spear Holidays
- And much more!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.