Business Development Manager - Scottsdale, AZ
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA
At Spear, our mission is to help dentists and their teams pursue and achieve “Great Dentistry.” Spear drives dental practice growth by advancing our clients clinical skills, improving their practice management capabilities and enhancing the patient experience by leveraging both our deep dental expertise and our technology forward solutions. We offer holistic solutions that include a full learning management system, a practice consulting service supported by a robust analytics platform and industry experts, and patient engagement tools that complement the normal workflows within a dental practice. In addition, we deliver live, collaborative education led by the brightest clinical and business minds in dentistry through virtual seminars and events, as well as through hands on learning opportunities at our state-of-the-art campus in scenic North Scottsdale.
This senior level sales professional based in the Scottsdale, AZ area will join our dynamic Practice Solutions team that is helping to fuel the future growth of the organization. This role is intended for the consultative salesperson that enjoys selling based on value and seeks to help clients overcome their own fears and objections. Practice Solutions is Spear Educations highest tiered subscription-based membership that offers solutions that address the unique goals of each General Dentists practice through: Dedicated coaching and consultation. Targeted learning from Spear Faculty. Real-time analytics. Customized action plans.
This is a unique hunter role that benefits from access to an existing ecosystem of general dentists that are already committed to their growth and development in some fashion and from other client facing teams that help to guide clients to discuss Practice Solutions with you. You will be responsible for driving monthly sales by way of on-campus presentations, virtual consultations and virtual personalized practice assessments. You will also ensure a smooth handoff after new client commitment to our Practice Solutions customer success team and coaching team, to achieve 90% client retention rate.
- Drive sales progression activities to achieve set monthly sales objectives
- Drive sales tactics by leveraging sales tools and marketing assets to progress qualified leads and conversion of scheduled 1/1 Demos to signed Client Service Agreement (CSA). The average sales cycle of < 30 days from Qualified Lead to CSA.
- Present Practice Solutions product via live demonstrations during courses to groups of eligible candidates and during virtual presentation opportunities
- Engage with clients while on site in our Scottsdale, AZ location to build value and understanding of Practice Solutions offering that will encourage movement through full sales funnel
- Work with other Spear teams to support building sufficient qualified pipeline required to meet monthly targets with focus on a full quarter forward looking pipeline
- Update CRM systems regularly to keep status and notes current, execute regular sales cadence with daily and weekly execution focus aimed to meet monthly SPS CSA objectives
- Identify prioritized sales tools and marketing collateral required to support the sales process and express new ideas to the leadership team
- Support training where possible to educate other product teams on Spear Practice Solutions value proposition, sales process and best practices
- Work collaboratively with Practice Solutions customer success team to achieve superior handoff of new customers
- Drive superior sales processes focused on customer satisfaction and customer objectives and ensure cancellations are < 5% for new sales
- Minimum 5+ years in a fast-paced consultative selling environment
- Outside/field sales experience required
- Dental experience is highly desirable
- Must have experience in customizing & delivering impactful client presentations
- Must be comfortable and dynamic presenting in group settings
- Proven foundation and experience in value based selling techniques
- Experience with in-depth technical platform demonstrations desirable
- Experience with lead pipeline management
- Experience with outbound calling
- Proven ability to convert leads to opportunities to closed-won
- Proficiency in CRM, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
What Spear Offers
- Beautiful Facility
- Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
- The Most Amazing Coworkers Around
- Spear Cares
- Great work/life balance
- Regular Town Halls and CEO Lunches
- Career Development Pathways
- Flexible Time Off plus Spear Holidays
- And much more!
Spear Education deeply values diversity and what it brings to our communities and our organization.
Everyone is welcomed here, regardless of how you look, your physical abilities, where you come from, when you were born, what you believe in, how you identify, who you love, how you think, and whether or not you have served.
We seek to create a culture where each person feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive, empathetic way.
We are allies in, and advocates for, our shared humanity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.