- 7231 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Spear is one of the most respected brands in continuing dental education, leading the way in quality, innovation, and caliber of curriculum and staff. We engage and support our dental community through offering continuing education via small group learning, a variety of on-demand online platforms and live events at our beautiful Scottsdale campus. In addition, we offer our clients practical business solutions through a combination of practice analytics and proactive consulting, coupled with our world-class educational offerings.
As a Mobile Developer, you will be responsible for developing customer-facing mobile applications for Android, AppleTV, iOS, and FireTV. You will work closely with our skilled development team and cloud engineers to deliver an integrated experience that will delight our customers. The responsibilities for this position will stretch over the full app development cycle from design and development to testing, debugging and documentation. This position requires great organizational skills, attention to detail, and innovative thinking.
- Work with Spear's design, development and data teams to create beautiful, responsive applications for Android and/or iOS Devices
- Maintain existing mobile applications to ensure that they stay current with operating system updates and high quality standards
- Connect to RESTful endpoints to consume and display data
- Ensure that UI/UX designs conform to Human Interface Guidelines for their respective devices
- Utilize application metrics and custom reports to measure engagement and performance make improvements
- Attend and contribute to Agile ceremonies including daily standup, sprint review, sprint planning, technical grooming, and retrospective
- Stay current with advancements in mobile technology, new concepts and best practices
- Adhere to Spear's company values and promote creativity, collaboration, and growth in the workplace
- Collaborate with colleagues to constantly innovate and improve app functionality and design
- Perform code reviews regularly for your peers
- Utilize application performance monitoring tools to ensure performance targets are met
- Assist the development team by performing 3rd level support duties on a voluntary and/or rotational basis
- Object-oriented design, coding and debugging skills in native iOS and/or Android languages (Swift, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin)
- Understanding of web services technologies such HTTP and REST
- Understanding of mobile UI/UX best practices and platform-specific interface guidelines
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (TDD) and relevant frameworks
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix along with some command line skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 5+ years professional experience)
- Experience building native applications on either Android or Apple.
- Experience in tvOS, FireTV, WatchOS is a plus.
- A portfolio of applications available for demonstration
What Spear Offers:
- Beautiful Facility
- Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
- 24 Hour Onsite Gym
- The Most Amazing Coworkers Around!
- Spear Cares
- Final 30 (A great way to wrap up a productive week!)
- Great work/life balance
- Regular Townhalls and CEO Lunches
- Career Development Pathways (Want to grow? We can make that happen!)
- And much more!!