Video Specialist

  • 7201 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
  • Full-time

Company Description

As the industry leader in dental continuing education and practice growth solutions, Spear’s success is largely driven by a company culture focused on elevating employees to help clients achieve “Great Dentistry.” The state-of-the-art Spear Campus in scenic North Scottsdale hosts nearly 200 annual seminars and workshops for top dentists from around the world. In only 10 years, the company has grown to seven lines of business, serving over 14,000 practices with in-person learning, e-learning, consultancy, patient engagement software, and analytics software.  

Job Description

The Spear Video Specialist is responsible for elevating the Spear Education brand by creating and editing best in class educational video content.  The right candidate is an editor that continuously exhibits pride in the quality and detail of their work. The role is 80% editing educational video for web delivery and concept demonstration. The other 20% is studio production work, self-development to expand skillsets, and team meetings. 

Role Summary:

  • Complete the production of Spear video content with adherence to established Spear quality standards.
  • Ensure proper advance set up and calibration of lighting, camera equipment, audio equipment, and teleprompter prior to shoot to ensure output is in accordance with Spear quality standards.
  • Provide constructive direction and guidance to on-camera talent to elicit the best possible delivery of their content.
  • Arrange, edit, and color correct footage according to departmental standards while maintaining the integrity of the source material.
  • Thoroughly review project output to identify and correct rendering issues, typos, image misplacement, audio issues, etc. prior to release for internal or faculty review with the expectation that the piece is ready for public release.
  • Adhere to all established departmental processes for project organization, communication, file management, and delivery.
  • Proactively provide status updates on current projects, seek clarification and/or creative and technical input, reporting any project roadblocks to Video Production Lead and/or Project Manager.
  • Explore and contribute ideas to improve our workflow efficiencies.
  • Partner with Video Team Lead to advance our department creatively and support the creation of best in class educational products through professional quality video content.
  • Leverage creative techniques to elevate the content via inclusion of relevant stock imagery, "b-roll" footage, and animations to keep content fresh and engaging to the viewer.
  • Explore and apply technological, creative and appropriate solutions to continuously innovate and elevate video production standards.

Qualifications

 

  • 3+ years of experience in a full-time video editing role required
  • Expert level Adobe Suite skills, specifically Premiere Pro and After Effects
  • Experience creating motion graphics
  • Excellent problem solving skills required
  • Proven ability to prioritize in a dynamic environment.
  • Excellent attention to detail.

Additional Information

What Spear Offers:

  • Beautiful Facility
  • Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
  • 24 Hour Onsite Gym
  • The Most Amazing Coworkers Around
  • Spear Cares
  • Final 30 (A great way to wrap up a productive week!)
  • Great work/life balance
  • Regular Townhalls and CEO Lunches
  • Career Development Pathways
  • 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off plus Spear Holidays
  • And much more!

All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.