- 7201 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
Spear is one of the world’s most respected providers of continuing education and support to dentists and their teams, helping them pursue and achieve great dentistry. Spear leads the way with an exceptional curriculum, inspired faculty and on-demand learning.
Our growing organization is driven by our collective desire to provide the finest continuing education experience and product offerings that directly address the clinical and business challenges that many dentists face today. Our aim is to ensure that our clients have the best resources available as they accelerate their educational and professional development.
The Senior Accountant will focus on helping the company track its progress towards achieving revenue targets by closely monitoring revenue-related transactions and preparing the monthly accounting of company revenues. The person in this senior accounting role will contribute to meeting the company's financial reporting deadlines by preparing the company's internal and investor financial statements and key supporting schedules.
Additionally, the Senior Accountant will assist with evaluating the company's compliance with applicable sales, use, and other tax regulations. The person in this role will be responsible for helping identify and improve company processes, supporting the expansion of the company’s product and service offerings and the addition of new customers.
A solid candidate for this senior accountant role will have immaculate attention to detail; will be humble; will challenge the usual; will embrace change; and will listen, observe, and deliver. The candidate should also be highly flexible, reliable, and trustworthy, as confidentiality is of utmost importance.
Finally, the senior accountant candidate needs to be a team player! We pride ourselves on our ability to work together, and we believe we are at our best when we are helping one another succeed.
- Evaluate applicable revenue recognition standards to determine appropriate revenue accounting (performance obligations, transaction price allocations) for company contracts.
- Provide daily oversight of revenue-related transactions to ensure continuous data integrity between sales and revenue records.
- Prepare monthly and interim revenue and deferred revenue reconciliations to ensure timely and accurate period-end accounting and reporting.
- Enhance and maintain other accounting schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepare internal financial statements and comparative analyses.
- Review sales activities to ensure compliance with all applicable sales and use tax regulations.
- Analyze and document other technical accounting issues as needed.
- Assist with implementation of new revenue recognition standards.
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and drive implementation of solutions.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting or a bachelor’s degree in business with an emphasis in accounting is required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience, including revenue accounting experience, in a similar position at a company of similar size and complexity as Spear Education.
• Proven track record of researching and applying US GAAP to customer contracts.
• Software as a Service (SaaS) or technology industry experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficiency with data management practices required.
• Meticulous attention to detail (methodological consistency and data accuracy).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What Spear Offers:
- Beautiful Facility
- Company Sponsored Events (Think costume contests, holiday parties and 5k’s!)
- 24 Hour Onsite Gym
- The Most Amazing Coworkers Around
- Spear Cares
- Final 30 (A great way to wrap up a productive week!)
- Great work/life balance
- Regular Townhalls and CEO Lunches
- Career Development Pathways
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off plus Spear Holidays
- And much more!
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.