- 7201 E Princess Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA
At Spear our mission is to help dentists and their teams in the pursuit of “great dentistry.” As the market leader in clinical and practice growth solutions we offer our clients' practices holistic solutions ranging from a full Learning Management System and CE eligible content for every role in the practice, to practice consulting with a robust analytics platform to support meeting practice objectives. We partner with our customers and provide solutions that complement their normal workflows such as annual subscriptions for patient engagement tools including; waiting room videos, website videos, and chair side patient engagement videos to improve patient case acceptance.
Spear Education is hiring a Scrum Master who will be responsible for the execution of initiatives associated with software product and web development. The Scrum Master will champion agile frameworks throughout the organization to ensure consistent processes are met and executed.
• Masters agile and scrum principles and applies them to the development team’s workflow
• Ensures strong mediation of any conflicts that may arise within the team
• Ensures mediation of general conflict of the objectives between the development team (e.g. high quality development) and product owners
• Offers strategic input when needed
• Ensures continuous learning regarding Agile best practices
• Partners with QA Specialist to write testing scenarios and implement feedback
• Writes user stories, adapts product objectives, prioritizes backlog items in accordance with initiatives established by Product Council with the Director of Program Management, manages burn downs and plans releases with product owners
• Responsible for maintaining focus by avoiding external distractions
• Responsible for synchronizing efforts of the development team with existing product development pipeline and accountable for removing any obstacles that arise and impede the quality, on-time completion of initiatives
• Responsible for the coordination and execution the development team’s efforts throughout the lifecycle of each web design or software development project
• Leads daily standups to set context for daily goals and motivates team member
• Works and utilizes Confluence and Jira to manage stories
• Bachelors degree
• First Level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
• Second Level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) – Preferred, not required
• 2 to 3 years experience in a similar position for a software development team that was diligently applying scrum principles, practices and theory
• 5-8 years of experience with agile software development processes and procedures
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and critical deadlines
• Must be emotionally charged with ability to adapt to new changes
• Experience with Jira or similar tools
• Ability to tailor messaging approach to various communication styles
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Mostly sedentary position, normal bending, stooping and lifting required. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while filming. Must be able to lift 25 pounds unassisted. Must be able to visually interpret written text, prepare written documents, communicate via telephone and use a variety of computer based business applications. Must be able to visually discern the color spectrum. Must be able to visually and audibly discern artifacts & noise in A/V systems.
Desk & Video Work: Office environment, moderate noise levels, comfortable temperature, no extreme conditions.