Senior Merchandise Manager, Active
- 3035 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA
- Department: Supply Chain & Merchandising
At SPANX, we believe in the whole person. We listen. We empower. We invent, innovate and iterate with one goal in mind: to make the world a better place... one butt at a time! You have an amazingly dynamic life and your career is one piece of the puzzle – we hope you will become a big piece of ours.
About the role
The Senior Merchandising Manager is responsible for planning, developing, communicating, and executing the overall category and product strategy for our new activewear categories. An entrepreneurial mindset and spirit is of the utmost importance to this role, which will serve as a critical thought partner to the Vice President. Together, we will determine the appropriate long term vision for this new, high visibility growth segment of the Spanx business. The desire to train and lead a highly-functioning cross functional team is critical in this role.
You’ll love it because you will
Cross-functional product category champion and conduit between design, product development, production, planning, marketing and sales; demonstrates end to end understanding of the value chain
- Delivers assortments that bring stories to life at retail in a compelling and relevant manner for the target consumer
- Builds an integrated line plan framework; edits/assorts product collections that draw both the customer in and drive results
- Applies foundational retail math (turn, gross margin, markup, sell-thru etc.) to drive informed and profitable pre-planning and in-season decisions around assortment mix, depth and productivity
- Understands the competitive landscape and models opportunities with data and analytics
- Identifies and resolves price/value overlaps and conflicts
- Leverages products and product mix to elevate brand and drive revenue growth and profitability
- Creates an environment of collaboration and respect amongst key partners including production, design, buying, planning, marketing, and visual
- Establishes cross-functional relationships to promote best practices and process adherence; fosters teamwork
- Effectively manages and supports the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength
- Five years of experience in retail merchandising, buying or equivalent experience required
- Three years of experience building and leading powerful teams
- Strategic thinker and doer, with the ability to see business potential in complex situations and provide clear solutions
- Outstanding analytical skills including retail math, margin analysis and inventory management
- Ability to be creative and analytical simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability/desire to work without regimented systems and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree required
In 2000, Sara Blakely had a party to go to, a pair of white pants and a struggle to find the right undergarments. So, she cut the feet out of her control-top pantyhose, creating a smooth canvas to wear under her clothes. Through sheer tenacity and a strong belief in herself, she revitalized the hosiery industry and created a new category. Since her original invention of footless pantyhose, SPANX has created thousands of other products – all centered around creating wardrobe solutions and empowering customers to look and feel their best. We dream big, think forward and give back. We challenge the status quo and aim high. We hustle hard, but we never take ourselves too seriously… because where’s the fun in that?
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.