Exciting Anti-Money-Laundering AI Platform - Data Engineer / Data Scientist
- Av. Universidad de Medellín, Medellín, Antioquia, Colombia
- YOU NEED TO HAVE VERY GOOD ENGLISH SPEAKING SKILLS TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
- YOU NEED TO INSERT YOUR ENGLISH RESUME TO THIS POSITION AND ALSO ADD YOUR SALARY RANGE IN PESOS IF YOU APPLY
- Please only apply to this position if you are a Mid-Level to Senior Data Engineer / Data Scientist with a minimum of 5+ years of experience and technology experience listed below.
- You have to have the ability to work full-time for Source Meridian in Medellin, Cali or Rionegro, Colombia, South America.
- We offer a generous compensation, relocation package and benefits for great engineers and developers living within South America and surrounding regions.
SOURCE MERIDIAN OVERVIEW
"YOUR COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE"
Source Meridian is one of the fastest growing companies in the Colombia region and is an engineering and development focused services organization providing customers with early access to cutting edge technology, and helping them to create and maintain their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Most of our clients are in the United States, but we also have clients in Europe and throughout the world. We have two offices in the United States and three offices in Latin America. Our offices are located in Philadelphia (US), Fort Myers (US), Medellín (CO), Rionegro (CO) and Cali (CO).
Our staff of international software engineers and data scientists work with clients to analyze their content models and business processes. We analyze and question existing business models, leveraging state-of-the-art technology that result in new products and new streams of revenue, while keeping our clients at the forefront of the industry. Our goal is to build products for our customers that use the technology of tomorrow rather than the technology of today.
Source Meridian is laser focused on specific technologies for the HealthTech, Software, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Publishing industries that include:
- Custom Web and Mobile App Development and Integration
- Big Data, Reporting and Analytics,
- Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning
- Blockchain Development
DESCRIPTION OF SOURCE MERIDIAN'S CLIENT THAT YOU WOULD BE WORKING WITH:
Industry Leading Anti-Money-Laundering AI Platform
Overview of the Problem
- The system to fight money laundering is fundamentally broken.
- Money Laundering is one of the most pressing burdens to global society and cost us 2.7% of global GDP annually.
- Financial institutions spend over USD $200B annually to comply with AML regulations.
- The outcome is a success rate of less than 1%.
- Financial institutions are not offered any appropriate solutions to ease the compliance burden and the risk of being fined.
Overview of the Solution you will be Building for our Client
- The software is supervised learning from operator behavior with decision trees/random forest and gradient boosting.
- Source Meridian's client has built the world’s most powerful central money laundering detection platform that assists financial intuitions with their financial crime compliance process end-to-end (transaction monitoring, investigation, filing and audit trails) for financial institutions.
- The platform offers "Next-generation Detection" and is an Anti-Money-Laundering (AML) solution of the future, combining simplicity in design with state of the art AI technology and cloud scalability.
- They drive efficiency drastically reducing the required monitoring and investigation time per case while increasing overall money laundering detection rate.
- Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) are at the heart of our client's product. We are looking for an ambitious and curious data scientist with data engineering skills who can actively drive improvements within our client's analytics pipeline.
- You will be responsible for data wrangling, feature generation, model building and predictions in production while also actively defining the product.
- You will help to set up the data science infrastructure for real-time money laundering detection.
- You will play a key role for the data engineering pipeline feeding the machine learning engine.
- You will be responsible for building and integrating predictive models for money laundering.
- You will help to communicate results in a way that will easily convince clients about the solution.
- You will help to design intuitive visualizations for the user interface of the platform.
- YOU NEED TO HAVE VERY GOOD TO FLUENT ENGLISH SPEAKING SKILLS TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
- YOU NEED TO INSERT YOUR ENGLISH RESUME TO THIS POSITION AND ALSO ADD YOUR SALARY RANGE IN PESOS IF YOU APPLY.
- Machine Learning/AI is your passion: You have a distinctive degree in data/computer science, mathematics, physics or statistics, an excellent understanding of applying machine learning techniques in a business context from 2-3 years of significant work experience Big Data does not scare you.
- You have experience with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Flink etc. and you are familiar with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Data Engineering is not new to you: You have deep experience with feature engineering and data pipelines (e.g. using Spark or Kafka).
- Data Visualization is your kind of artwork: You are familiar with state-of-the-art visualization libraries such as D3.js, ggplot2 or matplotlib.
- The Cloud is your second home: You have worked with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure.
- Screen by Chief Recruiting Officer
- Code Test
- Interview with Founder