Guest Experience Center Training Agent
- 109 Kenworthy Ave, Lowell, NC 28098, USA
Sonic Automotive is revolutionizing the automotive buying and servicing experience – one Happy Customer at a time. Our customers love their cars and as a Guest Experience Center Agent, You will play an integral role in making sure that their ownership experience is world class. Sonic Automotive believes that Customer Satisfaction begins with Associate Satisfaction –and that means You!
The Guest Experience Center Training Agent is responsible for assisting in the new hire training process. They will be dedicated to train, coach, mentor new GEC agents from the time they join our team until they are placed into a production team. They are fully accountable for ensuring new agents learn the tools, skills, and techniques to graduate to a productive agent assigned to a brand team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the post-New Hire training period for new agents:
- Develop work schedules and training sessions for graduating group of agents
- Train, coach, mentor graduating group of agents to further educate them about GEC Retail tools and techniques
- Train and coach new agents via a heavy emphasis on demonstrating desired skills and techniques
- Observe new agents and determine additional training and role-playing needed to further skill sets.
- Develop skill proficiency tools and tests to use with new agents to verify their understanding and ability to execute GEC processes.
- Work with Brand Ambassadors as needed to test agents along their training progression. Develop tailored learning plans for agents based on the results of these tests.
- Assist in New Hire Training – participate and lead as needed the initial 3-week course to introduce new agents to the basics of GEC tools and processes.
- Assist in developing and updating New Hire Training as needed.
- Responsible for developing and updating Post New Hire training courses and materials.
- Monitor new agent’s performance statistics and identify areas of improvement. Coach and measure improvements.
- Provide timely status reports regarding new agent’s learning, progression and needed improvements.
- Ensure new agents are adhering to work schedules and attendance guidelines.
- Coordinate with GEC management in the event disciplinary actions are needed for new agents.
- Confidence and a positive attitude. Consistently display a professional demeanor.
- 2 – 3 years of customer service/sales experience, telephone-based experience required.
- Ability/experience in training and coaching team members resulting in increased knowledge and proficiencies.
- Ability/experience in conducting classroom-based training and one-on-one training/coaching.
- Ability to create needed documentation and training materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with superior active listening skills.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and personal computer software packages like Internet, Outlook Email, MS Word, MS Excel, and various other applications
- Ability to work at the GEC - this opportunity is not currently a work from home opportunity.
- Ability to establish a positive learning environment.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple tasks with flexibility and creativity.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.