Automotive Business Controller
- 2121 Rosa L Parks Blvd, Nashville, TN 37228, USA
EchoPark Automotive is one of the fastest growing brands within the automotive industry. We are building a business based on doing things the right way. From the way we treat our guests, take pride in our work and share opportunities for our employees to grow as we grow. We are proud of what we're doing here and would love to tell you about our opportunities!
EchoPark Automotive is looking for an Automotive Business Controller at our newest store in Nashville, TN set to open in October, 2020! At EchoPark Automotive, we look at things differently. EchoPark is a successful brand as part of the Sonic Automotive Company (NYSE:SAH) and is about to grow in the Tennessee market. If you are ready to take your career in a new direction, come join our team!
The Controller is responsible for exercising sound judgment to make independent discretionary decisions regarding the dealerships overall financial and office workflow. The Controller is the key dealership executive for managing the accounting task and related policies and procedures at the dealership. The Controller is the business partner to the dealership General Manager and under the direction of the Regional Controller carries out such policies and responsibilities. The Controller implements controls to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies. The Controller directs the office staff to ensure timely completion and accuracy of assigned tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to all departments to produce increased revenue, control expenses; contribute to customer satisfaction and excellent associate satisfaction.
- Insure that the accounting records are maintained in an orderly, current and accurate condition at all times.
- Insure that all Company policies are communicated and followed.
- Maintain internal controls to insure compliance with company policies.
- Recruit, supervise and develop dealership office personnel.
- Audit the balance sheets and schedules regularly and address any possible problems while keeping Regional Controller informed of problems and potential liabilities.
- Assist operations with dealership forecasting and budgeting.
- Ensure timely completion of all financial statements, monthly work papers and reports, and resolve any issues.
- Prepare reconciliation of all dealership balance sheet accounts and purify reconciling items every month.
- Review every schedule in the dealership every month and make necessary corrections.
- Ensure that the DOC is prepared daily in a timely manner and is accurate.
- Accounting degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience managing the accounting function and leading the accounting staff of an automotive dealership.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation-based communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, forecasting and budgeting skills.
- Experience with dealership management computer systems (ADP preferred).
- Very strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and the Microsoft office suite.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Are you interested in joining our team? Apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.