Shop Forman- Philpott Ford
- 1400 Hwy 69 N, Nederland, TX 77627, USA
At Philpott Ford, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Automotive Shop Manager is responsible to develop business through insurance adjusters, customers and other sources to assure an adequate sales volume, provide a reasonable department operating profit and maintain customer satisfaction, while controlling expenses.
· The Automotive Shop Manager directs the activities of Automotive Shop employees in performing body repairs, meeting time schedules and productivity levels and maintaining quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Forecast goals and objecttives for the department and strive to meet them.
· Assisting (not training) technician mechanics in performing technical activities.
· Diagnoses and repairs to specifications – brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems.
· Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include employees and customers on an as-required basis.
· Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
· Understand, keep abreast of and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect Automotive Shop operations such as hazardous waste disposal, right-to-know and environmental updates.
· Attend managers meetings.
· Strive for team-work with other departments.
· Provides technical assistance to mechanical shop department employees.
· Monitors automotive shop department employees' payroll records.
· Coordinates a prompt, efficient, and timely flow of paperwork.
· Monitors daily reports such as DOE, DOC, and sales productivity.
· Develops sales promotions.
· Takes advantage of all manufacturers' inventory co-op advertising.
· Develops, enforces, and monitors guidelines for working with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
· Handles customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership's guidelines.
· Ensures that all department purchases are properly accounted for before payment is made.
· Assists in the collection of past-due accounts
· Enforce safety requirements.
· Hire, train, motivate, counsel and monitor the performance of all mechanical shop staff
· Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor. Automotive Shop Manager
· Requires STRONG electrical and diagnostic skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
· 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis
· One year supervisory experience.
· Working knowledge of Dealership Management computer systems (ADP; Reynolds & Reynolds) and applications relevant to Automotive Shop operations.
· Problem-solving and repair experience
· Highly motivated and energetic
· Excellent communication and managerial skills.
· Valid drivers license and good driving record.
· Professional personal appearance
· All applicants must be authorized to work
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.