Automotive Internet Sales Associate - Rockville Audi
- 1125 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
At Rockville Audi, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
So you think you know what selling cars is all about? Audi Rockville has changed that. With an industry high retention rate, professional tools, and processes that are industry best, our team sells more vehicles, schedules their work flow, and frankly makes a far better income than most sales teams could look to make in 3-5 years. We do without negotiation…and this leads to a guest experience second to none. As MD’s #1 volume Audi dealer, and typically in the top 10% nationwide, we have moved away from the 1970 style of car sales. Additionally, we know this works for our associates and guests as we have become the number one Audi Pre-owned dealership in the U.S. While college grads are preferred, you prior guest experience may include other life experiences. Our newest teammates came from successful high end restaurants, 4 year degree programs, and from other places that motivated people start their careers. If your background drives you for more, and this new economy has not found a workplace for you…let’s talk. Our sale professionals are responsible for selling vehicles and high levels of customer satisfaction. Our team makes their living responding to internet leads created by interested guests, as well as incoming phone inquiries and walks ins to the showroom. Last month 1400 internet leads resulted in 160 or more of over 250 new and pre-owned car sales. This position includes three broad areas of activity: personal work habits, selling, and follow-up.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Realize that business is built on customer satisfaction and devote himself/herself to guarantee satisfaction of customers.
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking questions and listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles (includes no-contact safe test drives).
- Introduce client to their vehicles. The process ensures that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork, and it lays the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Establish personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Report to the vehicle Sales Manager regarding objectives, planned activities, reviews, and analyses.
- Keep abreast of incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc., and how they benefit customers.
- Attend online sales meetings and training offered by the dealership and the manufacturer.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business and keep abreast of technological changes in the product.
- Know and understand equity and values and be able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Know and understand the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Introduce customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
- College degree preferred or highly qualified high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Valid in-state driver’s license.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to sell a minimum quota according to dealership standards.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA.
- All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver's license.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.