Accounting Specialist-Shared Service
- 11405 N Community House Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277, USA
At a Sonic Automotive you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
An Accounting Specialist in the Shared Services - General Accounting department performs processing- and transaction-level accounting and control functions. The overall purpose and objective of this job is to transfer many of those functions from the dealership level to a centralized location to improve both efficiency and effectiveness/quality.
The tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an Accounting Specialist in the Shared Services - General Accounting department may include some or all of the following:
- Stock in inventory received at the stores from the manufacturers.
- Stock in inventory purchased by Central Buying
- Post entries to all stores involved in the intercompany transfer of used inventory directed by the RTC.
- Post general journal entries.
- Assist with general department tasks such as progress/status tracking and reporting.
- Obtain and pay off inventory financing ("floorplan").
- Work closely with other team members to cross train and share best practices.
An Accounting Specialist in the Shared Services - General Accounting department must have accurate data entry skills, as well as strong written and spoken communication skills. Proficiency with Excel is also required. An Accounting Specialist should typically have some accounting experience and/or education. H.S. Diploma or equivalent is required. The ability to pass pre-employment checks and testing is also required
Experience in the automotive retail industry and with CDK-DMS is preferable but not required. An Accounting Specialist in the Shared Services - General Accounting department should typically have some accounting experience and/or education.
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.