Regional Technology Manager
- 9570 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX 77074, USA
Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Regional Technology Manager is an IT Customer Service Representative will work proactively with Sonic to measure, assess and remediate IT services delivered and supported across the Houston and Dallas Texas region. This professional is involved in the day-to-day IT operations and support services across all technology disciplines that support the Houston and Dallas group of dealerships. This professional will work with us as we change the reputation on IT Support across the region from a highly reactive to a first-class Proactive IT service organization that is efficient and responsive to the store’s needs. Involved in all related store IT activities, infrastructure refinements and other strategic goals and objectives of Sonic Automotive
- To be the store advocate and point of contact working directly with the Regional and local store management on matters needing escalation and IT planning.
- Responsible in assuring IT compliance and that all changes are reported to the change management committee members.
- Proactively measure IT health performance and service delivery support daily through the use of KPI metrics.
- Schedule and attend monthly meetings with store management to assess IT service performance. Journalize your meetings on who attended and summarize minutes for distribution.
- Schedule quarterly meetings with RVP to review IT regional performance, remediation plans and new business.
- Assist in and execute certain local projects related to hardware/software, network upgrades, mfg. initiatives, divestitures, remodels, and construction
- Degree in technical or related field of study
- Strong people skills, excellent communicator
- Able to work in fast paced environment
- Understand WAN/LAN basics (MPLS, Internet, and Metro Ethernet)
- Understand basic routing and switching
- Understand VoIP and telephony
- Experience automotive industry a plus
- 5 + years of Experience in technology customer support
- Experience working in an Incident Management system
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.