Support Operations Center Engineer II
- 4401 Colwick Rd, Charlotte, NC 28211, USA
Sonic Automotive, Inc.
Sonic Automotive is a Fortune 500 company that is transforming the way people shop for, buy and service their vehicles. Our talented team work together to ensure we provide an experience unmatched by our competitors.
Our associates are happy to work here because:
- We boast the lowest turnover in the industry.
- We provide award winning training (Training Magazine Top 125, and Brandon Hall Awards).
- We are committed to developing and promoting within the company.
- We are technology based - most jobs use IPads or IPhones that we provide.
- Our benefits are extremely competitive with Medical, dental, vision, HSA, 401k and PTO.
- We encourage peer to peer teamwork and recognition.
- Special benefits to purchasing and leasing a car.
- Personal Automotive Concierge Service.
If you want to find out more about the types of jobs we have here, we've highlighted a few.
We're proud of what we're doing here. Come and join us!
Support Operations Center Engineer II
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Sonic Automotive Inc., you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The Support Operation Center Engineer II (SOC2) is a key member of the business technology production support team that provides 24/7/365 support through on premise and specific on call coverage schedules. This professional will troubleshoot and support our associate’s critical incidents providing communication to the business for business impacting outages. They are responsible to review all incidents to ensure timely resolution. The SOC1 Engineer will be level 3 support for all custom, select 3rd party applications, network, IPT, PBX and infrastructure issues. They will standardize, create and maintain support documentation (Knowledge Management) of the dealership systems and applications.
• Main Core Responsibilities:
o Critical Incident Management (communicating with business)
o Incident Management
o Tier 3 support on all network infrastructure & applications
o Knowledge Management
• Act as the coordinator on Critical Incidents to ensure timely resolution.
• Provide appropriate communication to the business during critical, production impacting events as outlined by BT support process.
• Communicate with the technical teams as outlined in BT support process on all non-production impacting, critical events.
• Maintain outage notification logs and follow documented escalation procedures where appropriate.
• Serve as an Incident Coordinator watching aging tickets following the Incident Management Processes defined.
• Assist in monitoring that all tickets are following the necessary escalation path and are resolved quickly.
• Facilitate in the performance of root cause analysis to identify and recommend operational changes to the management team.
• Provide support and assistance for third level troubleshooting on all of Sonic’s applications, network infrastructure and triage to vendors or operations for higher level escalations.
• Assist in the documentation of all facets of technology including vendor documentation, circuit data, upkeep of dealership playbooks and knowledge base articles to ensure support success.
• Maintain Sonic Standard Monitoring Platform.
• Legacy PBX Support.
• LEC circuit ordering and provisioning.
• Windows server, O365, and Exchange troubleshooting.
• Exchange and O365 mail work.
• Comply with Change Management controls and guidelines.
• 3+ years of application support experience.
• 3+ years of Cisco IPT experience
• 3+ years of Firewall experience
• 3+ years of O365 / Exchange administration or support experience
• 3+ years of IT customer support experience
• Knowledge of the technology support industry.
• Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
• Working knowledge of operational support escalation.
• Knowledge of ticketing systems.
• Experience designing work flows or processes around mixed skill sets.
• Effective communication and strong interpersonal skills required.
• Must demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
• Flexibility and handling ambiguity required.
• Must possess strong problem solving and resolution skills.
• Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Visio.
• Knowledge and experience with monitoring tool sets.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service whether internally or externally.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.