Special Projects Accountants
- 11405 N Community House Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277, USA
Sonic Automotive is a fortune 300 company and is one of the largest automotive retailers in the United States. Sonic Automotive operates in 15 states, is comprised of over 100 dealerships, and represents 29 different brands of automobiles. These dealerships provide numerous services, including sales of new and used cars; sales of replacement parts; vehicle maintenance, warranty, paint, and collision repair services; and arrangement of extended warranty contracts, financing, and insurance for the company's customers. In June 2014, Sonic opened a Shared Services Center located in Charlotte, NC.
The Special Projects Accountant will work in the Shared Services Department. This position will be responsible for preparing journal entries, aiding with pcard administration, leading the push to enroll vendors in Sonic’s epayables program, designing audit programs for various functions in the AP department, including the T&E program and pcard program, and advancing other initiatives transitioning from the dealerships to SSC.
• Propose journal entries for centrally billed expenses to move expenses to dealership books from corporate books
• Pursue vendors for enrollment into Sonic’s epayables program
• Maintain vendor relationships for epayables program
• Complete epayables monthly reconciliation
• Write and review various SOPs for the Shared Services Center
• Prepare digital disbursements flat files to be processed by Bank of America
• Process factory invoices for dealerships
• Administration of PCard, travel card and fleet card programs including:
o Proposing journal entries
o Proposing month end accruals
o Communications to dealerships for deadlines
o Training of new card users in the field
o Issuance of new cards
o Research fraudulent transactions
• Propose month end accrual entries
• Seek out efficiencies that can be gained to help Sonic become more profitable
• Take initiative to seek out new projects and take on a leadership role with said projects
• Always provide excellent customer service
- Work habits that are customer-centric and committed to exceeding the customer's need
- Ability to organize work and be extremely detail oriented.
- 4 year accounting degree or business degree with sufficient accounting coursework.
- 2-3 years of experience in a financial accounting or shared services role.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and credit report.
- Ability to own a process and bring new ideas to the table.
· Preference will be given to candidates with:
o Experience in the automotive industry.
o Experience with ADP DMS software.
o Experience in a shared services environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.