Director, Supply Chain
- 26061 Merit Cir, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, USA
Sonendo, Inc. is a privately held, venture-backed company developing innovative technologies to transform dentistry by Saving Teeth Through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
Responsible for the strategic and tactical direction of supplier selection, supplier management, price negotiation and planning activities. Procurement activities include but are not limited to products, materials, supplies, capital equipment and contract services. Maintains optimum product inventories to meet market demand. Ensures a systematic and reliable supply of all components, materials, assemblies and finished goods, to meet production requirements and customer demand. Manages inventory management databases and prepares status reports for use by management. Ensures compliance with Quality System Requirements.
• Works closely with Product Development, Quality and Operations peers to understand organizational requirements, ensure company goals, priorities and objectives are achieved.
• Works closely with Sales and Marketing to plan for planned demand such that optimal inventory levels, launch plans, customer satisfaction and company sales goals are achieved or exceeded.
• Works closely with Finance and Document Control to maintain computer system integrity, inventory accuracy and costs by making sure BOMs are accurate, transactions are done in a timely and accurate manner and changes are implemented in a timely and accurate manner.
• Finds exceptional suppliers and builds strong relationships with key suppliers, intelligently negotiates optimal pricing, ensures supplier engagement to meet product development launch goals and desired flow of quality parts to meet production requirements.
• Establishes, manages and adjusts as required an optimal and continuous flow supply chain system using Kanban and automated Materials Requirements Planning systems as necessary.
• Oversees Distribution of Finished Goods, maintains desired finished goods inventory levels and on time shipment/delivery of customer orders.
• Maintains an effective organization; ensures that the department is appropriately staffed, trained and developed.
• Establishes department and individual measurable goals that are aligned with the company priorities and ensures those goals are achieved,
• Provides timely feedback and completes performance reviews per company schedule.
• Conducts all business in accordance with Sonendo’s policies, quality system requirements and other applicable laws.
• Initiates quality and cost improvement projects to help company exceed planned performance levels.
• Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering, Master’s Degree Preferred.
• Minimum ten plus years’ experience in medical device supply chain and lean manufacturing management, using ERP systems and sophisticated planning systems.
• Fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment. Ideal candidate will be a driven and entrepreneurial leader that is innovative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker, independent, self-motivated, self-starter, and fast-learner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to prepare and present ideas, strategies and plans to peers and company executives.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent leadership and management skills.
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously. This is a place where you are required to actively participate - your ideas will have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer