Mechanical Engineer II
- 26061 Merit Cir, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, USA
Sonendo, Inc. is a privately held, venture-backed company developing innovative technologies to transform dentistry by Saving Teeth Through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
• Provide mechanical engineering support to various research, innovation, and new product development activities.
• Act as a team member or team lead as assigned throughout the product life cycle.
• Design, prototype, assemble, and verify/validate component- to subsystem- level mechanical assemblies as assigned.
• Develop and execute engineering studies (Design of Experiments) as required.
• Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
• Draft, update and release project documentation.
• Participate in Risk Management activities. Provide technical expertise pertaining to the identification and mitigation of design and use risks.
• May work with or be exposed to biological specimens, e.g. human teeth.
• Participate in and support design reviews as required.
• Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering plus 2 years relevant industry experience.
• Proficiency in mechanical design, Solidworks, and rapid prototyping
• Innovative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker
• Independent, self-motivated, self-starter, fast-learner
• Team contributor with ability to manage multiple tasks
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer proficiency (e.g. MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook, SolidWorks, LabView, CFD)
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously. This is a place where you are required to actively participate - your ideas will have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer