Sr. Research Scientist
- 26061 Merit Cr, Ste 102, Laguna Hills, CA, us
Sonendo, Inc. is a privately held, venture-backed company developing innovative technologies to transform dentistry by Saving Teeth Through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high-performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
Develops research plan, designs experiment, outlines research procedures to be followed, and identifies and/or provides training to subordinate personnel to carry out research. Responsible for development of polymer based dental materials from conception to execution. Familiarity with FDA / ISO medical device requirements is a plus.
• Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute solid technical approaches to support key product initiatives and business strategy, and develop products or technologies, which meet product performance, quality, and timing requirements.
• Coordinate and support all phases of product development, including design control, packaging, documentation development, data generation, performance verification, etc.
• Plans schedule of research according to company’s or contracting organization’s timetable and establishes daily or weekly routines necessary to meet project timetable.
• Provide technical support for Regulatory, Marketing, Operations, Customer and Technical Service, Quality Assurance, etc.
• Trains research associates. Conduct periodic reviews, creates action plan to address any necessary performance improvements.
• Prepares technical reports and papers of completed projects for publication in technical journals, presentation to regulatory agencies or at conferences, or use in further research activities.
• Perform stability testing of new and existing products according to established procedures.
• Write patents, technical market support literature, industry presentations and publications.
• Participate in decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provides input on feasibility of prospective projects.
• Proven ability to communicate across the enterprise, as well as various groups such as Regulatory, QA/QC, Supply Chain, internal customers (Marketing, Customer Service, Sales) and external suppliers (raw materials and service suppliers) using oral, written and electronic media.
• Conducts research using laboratory equipment, computer resources, and institutional libraries.
• Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Directly supervises 2 to 4 employees in the Research and Development Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Ph.D. in Organic / Polymer Chemistry. Experience with bio-polymers is preferred.
· Must have demonstrated skills in seeking, evaluating, developing and introducing innovative class 2 medical devices. Previous dental materials experience preferred.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience with successful track record in developing dental materials and delivery mechanisms
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management
· Must have demonstrated ability to leading a highly skilled team with a bias for innovation.
· Demonstrated fact based reasoning and problem-solving skills in both business and technical situations
· Experience in a start-up environment preferred.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously. This is a place where you are required to actively participate - your ideas will have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer