- 26062 Merit Cir, Laguna Hills, CA 92653, USA
Sonendo, Inc. is a privately-held, venture-backed company with a unique mission to lead the transformation of endodontics through Sound Science®. We are currently building a high performance team with a passion for creativity and innovation that is committed to collaboration and integrity. We believe our success is based on always being at least one step ahead of our competitors, and we strive to achieve excellence in our products and services by attracting energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are committed to this vision.
This is a very influential strategic leadership role overseeing all projects and programs in a fast moving rapidly growing start-up company.
Reporting to the VP Research and Development (R&D), this position is responsible for the successful planning, management and execution of multiple programs in accordance with corporate objectives and company procedures. It will require interaction with all levels of the organization from senior leadership to individual teams, product development lifecycle framework, budget, prioritization, and resource management.
• Participate in developing and managing company’s product and procedure roadmap
• Serve as a team leader motivating and driving cross-functional team performance.
• Lead a cross-functional team of project engineers and project managers to plan, manage and execute all company’s projects and programs.
• Foresee and mitigate project risks.
• Build and optimize processes to ensure efficiency and on-time delivery of projects.
• Assume overall responsibility for delivering projects according to the defined objectives, on time and within budget.
• Coordinate communications among cross-functional team members, ensuring unified objectives and coordination of efforts.
• Closely track personnel resource utilization and availability for each functional department. Plan appropriately to avoid resource bottlenecks. Work with Senior Management to leverage resources across multiple priority projects.
• Prepare and present regular project update presentations for Senior Management.
• Effectively implement problem solving skills and techniques to identify project risks, assess their impact, and develop and implement mitigation and resolution plans and activities.
• Develop, update and maintain detailed project plans and schedules using Microsoft Project or similar tool
• Prepare project proposals, which may include business assessments, project costs, resource requirements, detailed project timelines and quality objectives.
• Employ excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with all levels of personnel and management to facilitate information flow between team members and senior management.
• Facilitate and coordinate project team meetings, including meeting agenda, minutes, decisions, and key conclusions and action items. Summarize and track critical actions from team and project meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in a science-related discipline from an accredited university or college. Advanced degree(s) in Business Administration or science/engineering technical discipline(s) is preferred.
• A minimum of 7 years of experience in a product development environment, operating within design control procedures, with 3-5 years of project management-related experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably from within the medical device industry.
• Demonstrated aptitude for successfully managing projects, of varying complexity, within the specified guidelines, timeframes and budgets, with a proven track record in managing various functional groups.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired.
• Startup experience a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft suite of products, especially MS Project (or equivalent tool for project planning) Associate degree preferred.
• Must be able to anticipate needs and work independently with limited direction.
• Must be innovative, entrepreneurial, strategic thinker, Independent, self-motivated, self-starter, fast-learner.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining efficiency and a positive attitude.
• Ability to work and excel within a fast-paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment.
• Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
• Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Sonendo offers a competitive benefits package and a collaborative, motivating work environment where you will be encouraged to innovate continuously; This is a place where you are required to actively participate - your ideas will have a direct impact on the success of the organization. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online.
No recruiters please.
Sonendo, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer