Engineering Intern - Paid
- 103 Osborne Rd NE, Fridley, MN 55432, USA
Somnetics is a medical equipment company providing CPAP solutions to individuals living with Sleep Apnea. Our Transcend miniCPAP product line is the first portable CPAP device designed completely around user lifestyle to give CPAP users the freedom to sleep anywhere.
Why Work at Somnetics?
- Competitive salary including an unlimited commission plan
- Up to 15 days of PTO and 9 paid holidays each year
- Small family-oriented company where you can make a difference
- Opportunity to be a part of improving our customer’s lives through better sleep
- Friendly collaborative work environment with a relaxed dress code
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, 401 (k), life insurance, PTO, Short/Long term disability
Somnetics is looking for a motivated, energetic, and creative person looking to start a career in Engineering. This position works under immediate supervision of the Mechanical Engineer to balance the requirements of Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality in a cost-effective and time conscious manner. The intern will assist the Engineering department with projects from scope definition through implementation.
- Analysis of competitive products
- Creation/modification of detailed design drawings (Solidworks)
- Analysis of design to applicable standards (UL/ISO/FDA)
- Complete DoE testing for new product verification. Detailed documentation of test procedures.
- Demonstrable familiarity with product literature and basic device operation
- Perform a variety of lab testing
- Assist with product support and quality assurance procedures/documentation
- Complies with the company's Quality System, ISO, and medical device requirements
- Completes all other work duties as assigned
The position will train in office then split time in office and working remotely. Hours are flexible with availability for 18-20 hours a week being required. This is a paid internship.
- Junior or Senior in a four-year degree program for Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and other business-related systems
- Ability to work with CAD (Solidworks) and design software
- Understanding of writing project documentation (SOP, WI, BOM, DCR, etc.)
- Solid mechanical aptitude and experience with simple electro-mechanical systems
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and team building
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks when needed
- Good attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Disciplined to work remotely when needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.