[NVM] Back-end Software Engineer (Java)
Agile Soul – Software Mind
Software Mind develops solutions that make an impact for companies around the globe. Tech giants & unicorns, transformative projects, emerging technologies and limitless opportunities – these are a few words that describe an average day for us. Building cross-functional engineering teams that take ownership and crave more means we’re always on the lookout for talented people who bring passion and creativity to every project.
Our culture embraces openness, acts with respect, shows grit & guts and combines employment with enjoyment.
Our team in Romania and Moldova operated as Code Factory until April 2023 when we joined forces with Software Mind and became #OneTeam.
Our client is a prominent player in the gaming technology industry, renowned for its international presence and extensive product offerings.
With operations in approximately 50 countries, they are a leading producer and operator of gaming technologies worldwide. Their portfolio includes high-tech electronic gaming equipment, management systems, online/mobile gaming solutions, lottery and sports betting solutions, and a range of ancillary products and services.
Known for their innovative strength, they prioritize research and development, constantly pushing the boundaries of gaming products and systems solutions.
Position – how you’ll contribute
- Participating in project/work planning sessions with team members and product managers to analyze requirements, estimate effort, and break down tasks;
- Designing, developing, and documenting applications solutions;
- Modifying existing applications, components, libraries, and modules;
- Taking part in code reviews and reviewing the work of colleagues;
- Support dev/ops teams with system maintenance tasks and tools that facilitate unattended upgrading, fall back, patching, etc.;
- Understands the tech strategy and culture, and how they impact own work as well as adjacent teams;
- Participate in platform deployment process as a release champion.
Expectations – the experience you need
- Strong proficiency in Java programming language and Spring Boot framework, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Experience working with PostgreSQL and designing efficient database schemas;
- Familiarity with ActiveMQ for message queueing and asynchronous communication;
- Proficiency in Docker for containerization and deployment;
- Good English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work.
- Good communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Additional skills – the edge you have
- Experience with Jenkins for continuous integration and deployment;
- Familiarity with Grafana for monitoring and observability.
Position at: Software Mind Romania & Moldova
Why us? Because there are many perks waiting for you:
- Competitive salary & periodical review;
- New technologies & experience working on international projects;
- Flexible working hours and the option to work from home with a monthly additional bonus;
- An agile, supportive, and non-bureaucratic organizational culture;
- Monthly Lunch Tickets received on card;
- Additional medical insurance, paid sick leaves and sports membership reimbursement;
- Financial support for Training & Courses, as well as free online English classes with native speakers;
- Paid Team Building Activities based on Projects and Interests;
- More intriguing benefits will be revealed during our online interviews...