[TSO] Back-end Software Engineer (Java)
- Warsaw, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
Software Mind develops solutions that make an impact for companies around the globe. Tech giants & unicorns, transformative projects, emerging technologies and limitless opportunities – these are a few words that describe an average day for us. Building cross-functional engineering teams that take ownership and crave more means we’re always on the lookout for talented people who bring passion and creativity to every project. Our culture embraces openness, acts with respect, shows grit & guts and combines employment with enjoyment.
Join us and discover our new benefit - Work n' enjoy! We go beyond the typical hybrid work model and offer the chance to work remotely for two weeks in picturesque European destinations. Your work is wherever wi-fi is!
Project – the aim you’ll have
Our clients are the largest mobile network operators in Poland and in Europe. We deliver solutions and services that transform their networks and provide innovative services to millions of subscribers.
The goal of the project is to develop call control server applications for leading telecommunications operators in Poland and Europe. Those applications include Virtual PBX and Call Recording services.
Position – how you’ll contribute
You’ll join a team of software developers working on implementing call control and BSS / OSS functionalities for mobile operators.
You’ll work closely with other teams including DevOps and QA, and you will also participate in sprint reviews with the client.
We focus on autonomy; we force you to perform tasks a certain way - you decide, and you are responsible at each stage of the Software Development Life Cycle.
We play as a team and we expect the same from you – group brainstorming, quick code review, rubber duck debugging, or a short pair programming session are tools that are regularly used by every member of our team.
Expectations – the experience you need
- Experience creating server solutions with Java technology (at least JDK 8, JDK 11 welcome) with an emphasis on backend, based on REST / SOAP Web Service
- Experience working with SQL databases and good knowledge of JDBC / JPA / Hibernate
- Experience with typical application servers, e.g. Tomcat / WildFly / JBoss or Spring Boot
- Experience with JUnit / Mockito and familiarity with integration testing tools: SoapUI, Postman, JMeter
- Knowledge of teleommunications protocol
Additional skills – the edge you have
- Knowledge of Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience with ELK (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats & Logstash)
- Experience in event- driven programming, in particular with JSLEE technology
- Knowledge of the architecture of GSM / 3G / LTE / IMS networks
- Knowledge of telecommunications protocols: SS7 (INAP / CAP / MAP), Diameter
Our offer – professional development, personal growth
- Flexible employment and remote work
- International projects with leading global clients
- International business trips
- Non-corporate atmosphere
- Language classes
- Internal & external training
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Multisport card
- Well-being initiatives