Director of Finance, Corporate Services
- Burlington, ON, Canada
- Bonus AIP Eligible: Yes
- Fly in/Fly out: No
- Province: ON
- Division: Canada Corporate Services
- Position Type: Salary
- Language Requirements: Bilingual
- Relocation: No
- Job Type: Permanent
Grow your career with a company that shares your passion! Our Corporate Services division has an exciting new opportunity to join the Sodexo team as our next Finance Director.
Sodexo is the global leader in services that improve Quality of Life, an essential factor in individual and organizational performance. Operating in 67 countries, we serve over 100 million consumers each day through our unique combination of services. We pride ourselves on being committed to the highest standard of Employment Equity and Diversity. By partnering with the Stop Hunger Foundation, we have dedicated ourselves to a corporate responsibility by fighting hunger worldwide. Start your journey with Sodexo, as we continue to grow across Canada!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
Reporting to the CFO of Canada, and to the Noram VP Finance for Corporate Services, this role operates as a Business Partner to the segment providing finance support.
The Finance Director’s role is to provide contractual and client insight to drive the contract/site performance in accordance with the financial terms of the contract with the support of transversal finance teams while providing the conduit to the client for financial issues e.g. overdue debt follow-up, change control, etc.
The position will provide the opportunity to deliver real value both to the clients and Sodexo while ensuring the basics around reporting to the management of Sodexo, and the client, as to the progress of the area. The Finance Director is specifically responsible for driving the financial and commercial performance of the area in NORAM alongside the SVP Operations and ensuring risk mitigation plans are in place.
· Budgeting and forecasting for the Corporate Services segment
· Financial analysis and reporting for all segment areas.
· Ensuring appropriate internal governance, in line with Delegation of Authority and ensuring internal governance is aligned to the NORAM policies, including ensuring that the units and above site team
· Oversight and direction to segment finance team as well as operations management on finance strategy for the segment, being accountable for performance for all areas of finance within the segment.
· Support the SVP for the segment to maximize profitability of the division through financial measures including challenging performance, driving profitable growth and advising on new and renewal business strategy.
· Engage and participate as part of the Corporate Services Senior Leadership team in development of overall segment business development strategy and design.
· Develop departmental plans including business and operational priorities and lead a team of finance professionals, including managers, ensuring alignment to segment goals and objectives.
· Partnering on operational improvement actions including client contract development.
· Meet with key client financial representatives as part of client engagement to explain, grow and develop business strategy.
· Actively participate in client retention activities and initiatives
· Accounting, Auditing and Risk Assessments for all areas within the segment.
· In this role, you will have oversight and responsibility for leading a team of 2-5 employees both directly & indirectly
· Providing technical guidance as needed to segment partners, corporate teams and customers
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
· Bachelors degree with major in Finance or Accounting
· 5-7 years’ experience of progressive financial management in a leadership position, including preparing budgets, analysis, auditing and overall costing
· CA, CPA, CFA, and/or CMA required
· Demonstrated experience leading a diverse team of experienced and decentralized professionals within a rapidly changing, high-performance environment
· Commercial finance experience e.g. supporting client pricing modelling and negotiations
· Strong presentation skills and influencing skills
· Challenger mindset
· Comfortable with client interaction and appropriately represents Sodexo externally
· Understanding a variety of contract structures including Joint Ventures
· Superior communication skills, verbal, written and interpersonal
· Ability to work in a matrix environment
· Bilingual English (mandatory) and French (an asset)
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
· Flexible work environment
· Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
· Training and development programs
· Countless opportunities for growth
· Corporate responsibility & sustainability
· Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
· Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
· Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs