- Mackay QLD, Australia
- Job Family: Service Attendants
Sodexo provides a range of services at remote locations across Australia, servicing both on-shore and off-shore sites, in difficult and challenging environments. At Sodexo, our Energy & Resources segment serves four markets: Mining, Offshore & Marine, Onshore Energy, and Engineering & Construction Projects. Our growing team of employees is dedicated to improving productivity, building meaningful client relationships, reducing on-site problems and improving quality of life for the thousands of Australians who call our remote sites home.
About the position
Looking to start a rewarding career in the Mining sector where you can live and work locally? Due to ongoing growth in our Energy & Resources segment, Sodexo have several opportunities for Service Attendants across our site network in Qld. This is the perfect opportunity to build your remote site experience with the opportunity to rotate through various job roles and duties.
As part of our Service Attendant remote site teams, you will contribute to the day-to-day operations of a mine site by providing excellent customer service to improve the quality of life of guests at their home away from home.
About the role
The is a casual drive in drive out role from Mackay. Our Multi-Site Service Attendants work various rosters consisting of 9.5-11 hours per shifts across a wide range of Sodexo sites. There maybe opportunity in the future to move into various full time positions as they become available.
Our Service Attendants will fill roles across numerous areas including but not limited to mine site cleaning, housekeeping, laundry, kitchen hand, and dining room attendants. Previous experience in remote site work is ideal, but not essential. If you have a passion for customer service and a great attitude we want to hear from you!
To be successful in this role you will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in the hospitality or industrial cleaning industry in one of the above-mentioned areas preferable in a remote environment, resort or mining camp
- Strong safety awareness and exposure/understanding of handling and storing chemicals
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts and rosters
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a busy environment
- A great attitude – enjoy going to work each swing!
- A strong commitment to high standards of customer service and integrity
- Current Standard 11 and QLD Coal Board Medical are advantageous
What you’ll gain working for Sodexo
- Opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of different sites, departments and teams
- Accommodation and meals provided whilst on site
- Competitive remuneration and various opportunities for career growth and ongoing training and development – we invest in our people!
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Opportunity to join the 18th largest employer in the world and a leader in Quality of Life Services
If this sounds like the right job for you click on “I’m Interested” and complete our 5-minute application process.
Manual O Car Licence
Why choose Sodexo?
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and a great recognition program!’