Facilities Manager - EOI
- Ballarat VIC, Australia
The year 2021 has bought about significant growth and exciting prospects within our Corporate Facilities Management segment, Sodexo are inviting expressions of interest from experienced Facilities Managers interested in joining Sodexo and working within the Ballarat area.
Based on our client site and reporting into the National Account Manager, the role of Facilities Manager will oversee and manage integrated facilities services provided on site whilst ensuring that Sodexo and client financial and operational objectives and expectations are met. You will coordinate facility management activities, coordinate work undertaken by service delivery partners and our direct staff and provide expertise and support to the client to streamline and simplify operational activity.
Other duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- Reviewing and evaluating building works as well as coordinating all aspects of building maintenance and essential services via contractor management
- Commitment to and promotion of all Sodexo procedures and policies, including implementation of HR/SH&E/Food Safety legislative and food standards requirements
- Commitment to and promotion of Quality Assurance systems including implementation and follow up with corrective actions
- Managing all planned work schedules and ensuring that they are completed in accordance with Service Level Agreements and OH&S guidelines
- Managing Sodexo team, contractors and sub contractors to ensure that all general work completed is inline with legislative OH&S and site-specific guidelines
- Utilising problem solving skills to manage and resolve within set timeframes all emergency and ad hoc FM issues as and when required by the client
- Management of reporting to client and Sodexo this including preparation and completion of monthly financial, OH&S, client service and key issues reports
- Actively managing a P&L financial model with the objective of meeting the set financial budget
- Sound understanding of contractual agreement with client and ability interpret and amend as per business requirements
- Development of strong working relationships and maintaining a professional and ethical attitude with all employees and contacts associated with the business
- Effective staff management, including motivation, development, performance management, recruitment
- Interstate travel as and when required
You are passionate about providing excellent customer service with proven experience delivering facilities and asset management services in a manufacturing environment. You have experience leading and managing a team of 20+ individuals and have excellent stakeholder management as well as strong negotiation skills.
You preferably have a mechanical or electrical background with sound understanding of Human Resources and Industrial Relations requirements and demonstrated experience working in a unionised environment.
In addition to this, you will also have:
- Demonstrated experience managing the delivery of hard and soft services in a GMP environment
- Highly developed Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience using a computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Strong understanding of Australian standards and codes of practice as they relate to the delivery of asset management and maintenance services
- Strong communication skills and experience dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated experience managing the delivery of food services particularly in a manufacturing or blue collar environment
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing the performance of a subcontracted and internal hybrid workforce
- Demonstrated record of safety leadership preferably in a manufacturing environment
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program. If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply via the link for a 5 minute application process. Please be advised that our pre-employment checks include a medical and a background check.
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425, 000. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
Why choose Sodexo?
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and a great recognition program!