Facilities Office Coordinator
- Canberra ACT, Australia
About the role
Sodexo are currently looking for a passionate and driven Facilities Office Coordinator interested in joining Sodexo and working on a client site within the Canberra CBD area (Kingston).
Reporting to the Workplace Experience Manager, the primary responsibility for this role will be the operation of the client Switchboard including support for the Business Services Team in all their activities including work orders and administration. In addition to this, you will be required to cover for the Workplace Experience Officer during planned & unplanned absences. This is a customer centric role that provides a range of workplace and facilities management services to our Client such as Access Control Management, Locker and Equipment Issuance, Mail and Courier Services, Maintenance Coordination and other adhoc services as required through the office operations.
Duties will include but won’t be limited to:
- To provide excellent customer service at all times
- To assist with the compilation of all daily, weekly and monthly duties in a timely and efficient manner with excellent attention to detail
- To prioritise & support all Facilities and office-coordination requests
- Be competent in word, excel and comfortable to learn other systems to enable the execution of your duties
- To be able to work efficiently both on your own and as part of a team
- Be able to operate a switchboard and to communicate information effectively to clients (system training provided)
- To ensure the Client premises maintains the highest level of appearance
- To be vigilante and aware of all OH&S reporting procedures
- To assist and support with the creation & updates for all standard operating procedures required on site
- To maintain a sound understanding of the Scope of works & client expectations
- To use approved suppliers when placing orders for services across the IFM contract
- To utilize all Sodexo & client approved systems & equipment to deliver the contracted services
- To keep all wastage to a minimum and to observe sound environmental practices
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience within a similar role/industry and/or a strong customer service background. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to build and maintain effective and strong relationships with clients, visitors, staff and colleagues as well as being able to self-manage, work cooperatively and collaboratively with others and have a flexible approach to function effectively under pressure.
Additionally, you will also be able to/have:
- Ability to problem solve and work to tight deadlines & timelines
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to consult effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
- Ability to provide the highest level of customer service in a continually changing environment with a strong emphasis on consistency and flexibility
- Solutions focused approach and able to identify opportunities to add value
- Energetic, passionate and leads by example
- Ability to communicate with confidence and respect for others
- Proven ability to use own judgement to effectively manage workloads, take responsibility for and prioritise tasks and clearly communicate when undertaking and delivering outcomes and services
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program. If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply via the link for a 5-minute application process.
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425,000.
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our client’s businesses run daily, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
Why choose Sodexo?
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and a great recognition program!