- Wodonga VIC, Australia
About the role
The year 2021 will bring about significant growth and exciting prospects within our Corporate Facilities Management segment, Sodexo are currently looking for a passionate and driven Cleaners interested in joining Sodexo and working on a client site within Wodonga, VIC.
Reporting into the Cleaning Services Team Lead, this role is responsible for general and detailed cleaning and resetting of associated facilities for the facility in line with scoped requirements.
This is a permanent full time opportunity with hours being 5pm to 8pm Monday to Friday
This is a general scope of duties for the position of Cleaner which can include, but is not limited to, any of the duties listed below:
- Cleaning and maintenance of the following areas, but not limited to the following areas:
- Client and associated contractor site based offices
- Conference rooms
- Walkways, eating areas, smoking areas and Stairways immediately surrounding the building
- Office area kitchen facilities
- Bathrooms and laundries
- Cleaning floors of the above mentioned areas, including vacuuming, carpet shampooing, soft furnishing stream cleaning floor stripping & sealing, buffing and mopping where required including use of the IMop (training provided)
- Cleaning windows and glass surfaces for the above mentioned areas, where practicable.
- Dusting furniture contained in the above mentioned areas, including wiping computer screens, dusting desks and shelving.
- Rubbish collection and removal from the office, site facilities and surrounding areas
- Cleaning out of the fridges on a regular basis including disposal of expired items
- Refilling amenities as required, such as paper towels, coffee, etc for the kitchen areas and toilet tissue, soap and air fresheners for the bathroom areas.
- Clean and restock drink / food dispensers in office areas.
- Inspect and maintain vehicles according to company and client vehicle safety standards.
- Read all MSDS sheets applicable to your daily use of chemicals.
Successful candidates will have proven cleaning experience, ideally from a commercial or manufacturing background. You will have a keen eye for detail and will be safety aware/hazard conscious in addition to being competent with all scrubbing machines - although training will be provided.
Additionally, you will also be able to/have:
- Positive attitude toward customers and a high standard of customer service
- Responsible attitude toward security of accessible areas
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of information contained in accessible areas and other areas contained in the cleaning roster
- Respect for property contained accessible areas and other areas contained in the cleaning roster
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Displays initiative and ownership of the role
- Ability to suggest and implement preventative and improvement strategies
- Diligent with an excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and organize a diverse workload
- Flexible and able to change and adapt priorities
- Self-motivated, self confident, honest, professional, ethical and flexible.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain a professional, trusting and positive working relationships with clients
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program. If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply via the link for a 5 minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425,000.
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.