Catering Assistant -Ryde
- Ryde NSW 2112, Australia
People perform better in a pleasant working environment. Sodexo designs, manages and delivers solutions for clients to improve daily life in the workplace and to help employees to be more efficient. Worldwide over 170,000 employees serve our corporate clients’ and their employees, providing a range of integrated services which enhance corporate facilities, employee well being and drive workplace efficiency.
About the Job
Are you passionate about providing exceptional customer service with amazing attention to detail? Looking to work in a dynamic team and in a role with variety?
We are currently seeking casual Catering Assistants to work in our on-site catering operations at one of our aged-care facilities in Ryde, NSW.
The responsibilities of the Catering Assistant will include but not be limited to:
- Looking after the client’s People Floor areas servicing Kitchenettes and Breakouts
- Dish washing
- Cleaning and maintenance of staff kitchen areas
- Re-stocking tea/coffee and biscuits
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Manual handling activities
- Any ad-hoc duties required requested by the Chef
Work/life balance is a bonus to this role offering shifts on a rotating roster within the hours of 6:30am - 7.30pm, Monday-Sunday. You can expect to receive 10-20 hours per week.
You are personable, friendly and pride yourself on your attention to detail. You can prioritize and multi-task throughout the day while working in a very busy environment, while always maintaining a positive attitude. You have excellent communication and personal presentation skills and you thrive on working in a team environment.
If you are seeking a work life balance and enjoy working in a great team environment, then please apply by clicking “I’m Interested” for a 5-minute online application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and medical.
To be successful in this role, you will come from a from a 5-star hotel background or similar and possess the below:
- Experience in a similar role
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- A high standard of food hygiene, safety and cleanliness
- A strong focus on high quality food production and presentation
- Hold (or willing to obtain) a National Police Check to work in Aged Care
- Must have recent Influenza Vaccination (Mandatory) and be willing to be get a Covid-19 vaccination
- You have full, unrestricted working rights within Australia
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and prioritising
- You will have excellent communication and ability to build relationships with clients and customers
- You pride yourself in outstanding customer service and personal presentation
Availability for both morning and evening rotating shifts 7 days a week commencing from 6.30am-7.30pm . To have some aged care or customer service experience