- Cessnock NSW, Australia
Sodexo began operations in Australia in 1982 and now provides on-site services at over 300 diverse locations throughout Australia. Today we have over 5,000 employees in Australia who are part of the global Sodexo team of 425,000.
Sodexo designs, manages and delivers innovative integrated solutions that not only improve the way our clients businesses run on a daily basis, but enhance Quality of Life for our clients, consumers and employees.
Contribute to Resident Wellbeing and Quality of Life
About the role
Due to positive growth in our Healthcare (Seniors) segment we are calling for applications for an experienced and passionate Chef's to join our team in Cessnock - an hour west of Newcastle, NSW.
Reporting into the Head Chef, this full-time (38 hours per week 7am to 3 pm Monday-Friday) role will be responsible for producing and presenting food items to meet the Residents and Client’s expectations and the required Company standards.
Other duties will include but won't be limited to:
- To support the Catering Manager in the smooth running of the operation, when on site and in their absence
- To maintain and improve the operation and communicate ideas to the Catering Manager
- To deal effectively with resident complaints and follow up with the Catering Manager
- To ensure that all food items that leave the kitchen are of a high standard in presentation and content to the Sodexo standards
- To ensure that mis en place is completed in a timely manner and to a high standard in preparation for service times
- To offer ideas and suggestions concerning menu planning and menu costing
- To liaise with food services assistants in regards to production and service of food
- To record all food usage and wastage
You will be hands on with food preparation as well as being dedicated and highly knowledgeable across Food Safety Standards, Workplace Health & Safety and HACCP.
With demonstrated experience from within the Aged Care/Healthcare industry you will be fully conversant with special dietary requirements including allergies/intolerances, supplements and texture modified (soft & pureed) foods and have exceptional customer interaction skills.
We seek a suitably qualified (Cert IV in Commercial Cookery / Trade Qualification) and very passionate individual, with empathy, who can support our clients vision and values; and who has the ability and desire to go above and beyond.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program.
If you are looking for a role where you can truly make an impact on people’s lives, click “I'm Interested” below.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary package along with great employee benefits and a recognition program. If this sounds like the right job for you, please apply via the link for a 5 minute application process.
Sodexo is a contract services company and employment is conditional to Sodexo’s ability to maintain the client contract and its service levels. All employees are subject to a police check and a Working with Children check (where applicable)